new here too

true_1_ace

I too am new here,but not to UPS bein a driver for 16yrs in Canada"s capital region,and am still pluggin away in a 1993 p1000 which continually falls
apart or breaks down(at least once a month) just friday I snapped a shock tower off lol,how about it folks who's got the worst and oldest UPS vehicle,and I use the term vehicle loosely.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
true1ace,
Wecome to this Board, you being the second Canadian today. I'm lucky in that I have a new P700, but I have driven much worse than you at one time or another. I used to drive a antique Ford straight truck that you could lift up the rubber floor mat and see the road through the rust holes! Not to mention the time that an air line broke aand the air brakes went out, or the eight engines that blew up in one year or ............

true_1_ace

I had a new p700 but it was too small and the newest our ctr has is a 1995 p1000,didnt like the turbo 444e the older ones have more balls lol,and yes I to use to drive a 1978 p800 ford ,it was like driving a horse because the gas and clutch were so far apart and it looked like you were ducking down every time you reached for the shifter ,ahhh the good old trucks,but the word out is they don't make any new p 1000

DS

Fenderbender
yo ace welcome to the boards,I`m from Toronto ,we went to Ottawa a few months ago for a visit.Nice town.

true_1_ace

it is a nice place ,got a few friends down there a ups rod in oc pu dispatch
and ***** ******** an old supervisor as for the old p800 we just retired 7802 with 845 thousand on the spedo ,they are diehards but cold in the winter

Fredly000

Just Another in Brown
got a 95 p1000 with 170k

BTW for those with issues with the shifter being to low
talk to your shop(mechanic, etc) they can and are required
to make extentions if needed.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Fredly000
Good tip, some of the shifters were of a certain length that you had to be careful not to rack yourself up when getting out of the seat and turn toward the bulkhead door. I have actually had two shifters break off in my hand over the years. Since I've finally got an automatic, I don't have to worry about hurting "Big Al and the Twins". My left foot and right arm get a lot of rest too!:thumbup1:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We also had a driver who was about five foot tall. He used to drive a P500 and would ducktape a little peice of a 2x4 to the Clutch Pedal so he could push it in far enough to shift gears.This was the same guy who hated dogs, one time he left a Delivery Notice on a Road Kill saying "I did not kill this Dog".The tire tracks across the front yard.....?

Last edited:

Ms Spoken

I have an old 1982 P800 that is a high stepper. This POS has holes in the back that you can see the road. If you have a package on my truck when it rains and it's placed on the floor your in trouble. Everything is soaked and I have picked up a pkg and had water run out of it.
I have wrote all this up but, there are too many cracks and holes to be fixed so I guess my customers are just out of luck and UPS will keep paying claims due to h2o damage.
I'm still waiting on a new paint job for my POS that might happen sometime this year.

true_1_ace

sorry about the name dropping dont know what I was thinking about maybe admin can delet them pls thanks :thumbup1:

I hear you upsgal I dont think there is a ups truck out ther that doesn't leak like I said earlier I briefly had a new p700 and it leaked around the windows

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
hey ace,is that pic the joker of batman fame?
I used to collect comics and this looks a lot like
one of those Todd Mcfarlane graphic novels.

Mr. Brown

Brown till retirement!
Welcome true_1_ace, I'm a misc. driver and have many opportunities to drive lot of crappy old package cars, but the new automatics are heaven sent. The automatics have more room to put packages on the floor in the cab like a dell computer and wider doors to pull the computer out. Also the heater is awesome!!

missups

Hi ya canuck!

Just wanted to say hello...I am new here too...but have been a driver for 5 yrs in Vancouver BC..
I also drove a p5 for over a year but I know drive a p7....:clap: