New Here!

PackageNinja

Preloader
I found this site while doing some investigating about UPS's OSHA violation record.
I'm going to hit a year of employment in July, and though this is my first seriously physical job, I'm hoping to stick through it till I'm done with school.
I work at the Fulton hub in Georgia, and it could be tons better, but I'm just happy I have a job.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I found this site while doing some investigating about UPS's OSHA violation record.
I'm going to hit a year of employment in July, and though this is my first seriously physical job, I'm hoping to stick through it till I'm done with school.
I work at the Fulton hub in Georgia, and it could be tons better, but I'm just happy I have a job.
Agreed...the job sucks, but it's nice to wake up and have a job to go to. For that, I'm grateful.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Keep working hard, the best part of the job is it keeps you fit. I miss the physical stuff because I am 30 pounds heavier than when I was a loader/unloader. Just think of it as working out, you will be fit, and you will literally be strong as an ox.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Or broken down, whichever comes first!
That's true, I ended up throwing my back out one good time and that was it, I still can't lift for more than 10 minutes without my back going out. I still don't know what I did, I went to lift one good time and I felt a pop and that has been it. I couldn't work for a week. Also my right knee is shot as well so towards the end of the day I'm limping. However I sure do miss being lean and fit, and flexing as much as possible. Now I hate taking my shirt off at the lake haha.

That's true, I ended up throwing my back out one good time and that was it, I still can't lift for more than 10 minutes without my back going out. I still don't know what I did, I went to lift one good time and I felt a pop and that has been it. I couldn't work for a week. Also my right knee is shot as well so towards the end of the day I'm limping. However I sure do miss being lean and fit, and flexing as much as possible. Now I hate taking my shirt off at the lake haha.
Give It three decades! and see what u feel like!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Preload keeps me in good physical shape, but it's brutal on the joints...after almost a decade, my knees are just on strike some days.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Give It three decades! and see what u feel like!
old_man_walker-1.jpg
here's your package...sign here..

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this sight and new to UPS as well. Just got hired off the street as feeder driver. Passed the road test and am very excited to be driving here. Started career in unionized LTL; paid some dues and have about 20 some more years of dues ahead.