New hire feeder/ sleeper team

I was hired has part of the sleeper team in cach. But it wasn't explained what benefits start after seniority date. Health etc??

Sent using BrownCafe App

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
ohhh ok I believe your health benefits ,eligibility for the 401 k and 1 week vaca after a year of seniority. There, is I believe a 3 or 4 year pay progression to hit full pay ,,if you were hired as a permanent employee, you are lucky !!! stick with it ,many guys waited years for that slot...
find out who the steward is there and get more info from him !! also your partner must have enough years here to help you out !!

Yes it is a permanent position. So what exactly is the 30/90.?? I was told I had to work 30 days in the first 90 for my seniority date

Sent using BrownCafe App

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
One thing to note,,,your seniority date does not start the day of hire,it is attained after a period of time, all cases are different,,so show up on time, dress neat, shave work as instructed,don't be disruptive and thing should go smooth for you ,,,,good luck!!

Avalon

Avalon
Can anyone tell me what benefits start at the 30/90 seniority date. Had interview and no one could explain

Sent using BrownCafe App

You make the union after 30 working days. Your insurance information packet takes a couple weeks after that to be mailed.
Remember. Not 30 days, but 30 days worked.
I hear you guys are coming in off the street with 4 day bids so 30 days shouldn't take that long.
Good luck

Sent using BrownCafe App

Avalon

Avalon
We are hiring like 50 drivers ots for sleeper, maybe even more. They are trying to eliminate the sub contractors for minmn and some others.

HollandMan73

Hey PhillyBrown I just got hired also at cach for sleepers....have you started yet and if so could you explain what its been like so far? Thanks brother.

Brown Now

Ok so health etc. Doesn't kick in for a year?? Damn I have a family

Sent using BrownCafe App
No. You need to have 30 working (not calendar)days in a 90 day period. Once you have 30 working days in you will have a permanent feeder seniority date. Can't remember exactly how they calculate it. You will then receive in the mail a packet with your insurance information. Fill it out and you're done. You now have insurance.

Brown Now

Clarify. Your family has insurance. Not just you. At no cost to you as well. Excellent Blue Cross Blue Shield too! Just do what they ask of you, don't be a ball buster and you'll be fine. It's a great company to work for.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Clarify. Your family has insurance. Not just you. At no cost to you as well. Excellent Blue Cross Blue Shield too! Just do what they ask of you, don't be a ball buster and you'll be fine. It's a great company to work for.
The company plan, for now...