New hire FT pkg car drivers to get raked over the coals

pakmule

A roller dog for lunch
4 years to get to top rate and NOT Allowed to file 9.5 grievances. Read it and weep----- To be able to Opt In on the 9.5 list

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) AN EMPLOYEE WITH FOUR (4) YEARS OF SENIORTY AS A FULL TIME PACKAGE DRIVER.

I predict management will work them 60hrs a week.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Guess the extra hours will make up for the additional year of progression. /duck

They are going to work these people like dogs. It'll be 12 hours every day while the rest of us beg for 30 minutes of OT.

That's obviously just a guess but an educated one.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Seriously though, if they really wanted to do that, they'd be doing that now. The only people that work 50+ hours around here are the ones that want it. They know if they pile it on someone who's not down for the OT they'll eventually start dragging ass.

Brownslave688

Seriously though, if they really wanted to do that, they'd be doing that now. The only people that work 50+ hours around here are the ones that want it. They know if they pile it on someone who's not down for the OT they'll eventually start dragging ass.

Why the language for 4 years though? Makes no sense that they shouldn't have 9.5 rights the same as any other driver. Unless of course the company thinks they have a way to take advantage of said language.

Inthegame

4 years to get to top rate and NOT Allowed to file 9.5 grievances. Read it and weep----- To be able to Opt In on the 9.5 list

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) AN EMPLOYEE WITH FOUR (4) YEARS OF SENIORTY AS A FULL TIME PACKAGE DRIVER.

I predict management will work them 60hrs a week.
If the employee qualifies under (1) or (2) they get the 9.5 protection. Point (3) is "or" not "and".

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They are going to work these people like dogs. It'll be 12 hours every day while the rest of us beg for 30 minutes of OT.

That's obviously just a guess but an educated one.
I disagree, operations management doesn't go by who makes how much, they go by hours. The price of those hours isn't what matters, it's the hours. Need proof? Look at your belt next time as all the drivers are cleaning up the mess from preload because they were only allowed xxx hours.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I think you guys are right. New drivers will be working tons of OT, while the rest of us will be working 8.5 days max. Feel sorry for them if this passes.

Inthegame

Why the language for 4 years though? Makes no sense that they shouldn't have 9.5 rights the same as any other driver. Unless of course the company thinks they have a way to take advantage of said language.
This language protects the coverage guys who are getting jacked around. (3) is the lock. No more games. If you're a four year pkg driver you get 9.5 protection without (1) or (2). If you're under 4 years you need (1) or (2) to get 9.5 protection.

Brownslave688

If the employee qualifies under (1) or (2) they get the 9.5 protection. Point (3) is "or" not "and".

But many place don't have bid coverage. Also sounds like it'll be on a
Week to week basis. Unless you've been there 4 years.

I contend everyone should har the same 9.5 rights. No matter what.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Without reading this whole thread mgmnt doesn't care how much each driver in a truck makes and most drivers could give a rats ass about 9.5. The lunatic fringe on this site needs to disappear.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This language protects the coverage guys who are getting jacked around. (3) is the lock. No more games. If you're a four year pkg driver you get 9.5 protection without (1) or (2). If you're under 4 years you need (1) or (2) to get 9.5 protection.

so did they get rid of the part where the route the cover driver was doing had to be already on the 9.5 list from the bid driver before the unassigned driver could file...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Without reading this whole thread mgmnt doesn't care how much each driver in a truck makes and most drivers could give a rats ass about 9.5. The lunatic fringe on this site needs to disappear.

maybe not the local mgt, but at the corporate level Im sure they care..

40andOut

Do people realize when you file 9.5 you will always be dispatched pushing 9.5. It's not just a game on the union side.

Not true in my neck of the woods. Several years now I have had my dispatch significantly trimmed (1 hour less per day) because I won a 9.5.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Imagine that. Whine about too many hours and now worry about not enough hours.

Cheerleader, did you say something.
I wasn't complaining. After years of 10 hour days, it would actually be pretty nice to have a normal life for a change.
Quick question, do you kiss Hoffa's ass or smooch it?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Cheerleader, did you say something.
I wasn't complaining. After years of 10 hour days, it would actually be pretty nice to have a normal life for a change.
Quick question, do you kiss Hoffa's ass or smooch it?

Contract is settled. You can disappear for another 5 years. See ya.