New hire off street

UPSGUY72

Thanks for all the info. My steward told me last week they would start taking Union Dews after I made seniority. Their are 4 other guys who were hired also 1 other off the street and they Are all full time as well. Not sure why anyone would think I don't know what I am. I pretty much explained it as easy as I could. When I took the job I took it because it was a full time position. I'm fully aware I may be laid off here and there to start out. In my hub once u make your 30 days as a full timer you become a cover driver. Then obviously in a few years if u win a route bid then u have your own route. Otherwise u stay a cover driver. I'm not sure if that's how all the hubs are I just saw someone on here ask if I was hired as full timer or cover driver. In Kansas at my hub it's the same thing one u make your 30 as a full timer you become a cover driver. I appreciate all the help. Hope to be with the company until I retire. I'm fully aware that the first year will prob suck but I have to start some where just like all of your did at one point. Thanks again everyone. God Bless and GO ROYALS!!!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Since you know think you know everything why you asking us.

When I started they didn't wait till I made my 30 days to start taking out dues and initiation fees.

ManInBrown

Seems to me OP has no idea whether he is permanent FT or casual. My guess is casual. It doesn't matter whether they tell you that you are FT. Means nothing. You could be a FT casual. Why are you here asking us? My first question to an on-car on Monday would be as follows
"Am i permanent or am I a casual" Simple as that

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I'm a new hire off the street and my seniority day is next week. Once I'm done with training do they have to give me 8hrs of work no matter what if I ask for it. I've noticed a couple guys not working very much since they made their 30 days but they don't care if they work or not. I do. I have a family to support and I also don't like sitting around at home doing nothing. I've done very well on my training route. No late pkgs no missed pkgs. I've scratched every day but maybe 2 since the first week I was put on my own. my customers love me also.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Full time driver year round or fulltime temp driver?