New hire, package driver

Jondlc

Hopefully your supervisor lets you know if you're doing good or not. I'm about a month in and mine hasn't said a thing to me. Hes always "busy". I know I shouldn't worry if they're not yelling at me or whatever but I don't like bull:censored2: surprises. Like today, for example. I had about 130 stops with 2 extra not on the DIAD. I parked in the building at about 3pm but the dude whos driving the route next to me had about 180 stops and he was already back and gone before I got back. Now I feel like I suck but nobody is saying if im scratching or not lol. Anyways, good luck. You'll know most of the area by the end of the week.

Savvy412

MAN..dont listen to everyone. Just go out and take it day by day. I had a guy hired as seasonal and he has driven every day since then.

Slowly you will get more stops..you will suck..then suck..then do good..then suck..and then good..better..better.. and better. And finally you wont go to bed with butterfly's and wake up with butterfly's in your stomach. the panic ups nightmares will stop and you will just be another driver who tries to scare new drivers.

I experienced the same thing when me and my wife had a baby on the way. A bunch of parents who tried to freak us out about "how hard it is" Like,because they had a hard time, how could anyone else possibly do better then them...smh...It has been great..and the best times of our lives.

And if you screw up..and hit something..there is always next year man.

Jondlc

MAN..dont listen to everyone. Just go out and take it day by day. I had a guy hired as seasonal and he has driven every day since then.

Slowly you will get more stops..you will suck..then suck..then do good..then suck..and then good..better..better.. and better. And finally you wont go to bed with butterfly's and wake up with butterfly's in your stomach. the panic ups nightmares will stop and you will just be another driver who tries to scare new drivers.

I experienced the same thing when me and my wife had a baby on the way. A bunch of parents who tried to freak us out about "how hard it is" Like,because they had a hard time, how could anyone else possibly do better then them...smh...It has been great..and the best times of our lives.

And if you screw up..and hit something..there is always next year man.

That's pretty much how I'm taking it right now. My supervisors are not telling me if I'm doing good but hell, theyre not telling me if I'm doing bad either.

I started off with 40 stops and now I'm up to 150. They don't call me back and ask me why I'm coming back at the time I put on the DIAD or the day after if I came back too late. I call my supervisor for a question about once or twice a week and so far I've had no problem making my commitments timely.

I was sent home on Monday and again today. Yeah.. It sucks and I'm taking a huge hit financially at the moment but I'm very confident that it's going to pay off. And if it doesn't, well.. That's life I guess.

Just finished Integrad as a permanent hire off-the-street. I am waiting to hear back from H.R. as to when and to whom I am supposed to report to. I know the HUB and the Center according to the Integrad folks. And I am permanent so that a good thing. Im getting my uniform and boots to exceeding standard and plan to take good notes.

Just finished Integrad as a permanent hire off-the-street. I am waiting to hear back from H.R. as to when and to whom I am supposed to report to. I know the HUB and the Center according to the Integrad folks. And I am permanent so that a good thing. Im getting my uniform and boots to exceeding standard and plan to take good notes.
Don't believe the permanent part....

They tell all kinds of lies and blow smoke up your ass to get seasonal help.

Well you may be correct but Im keeping an open mind. Im photo-copying documents that show my employee ID, union status and permanent status from Day one. I plan to work so damm hard it will be impossible for them to get rid of me. If I have to live on that truck Ill do it. Ill have a cooler with plenty of food, large empty bottles (We know why) and a positive attitude. I know about the culture here but I plan to be a change maker. Im showing up 1 1/2 hours early every day to make sure my loads are correct. Pretrips, DIAds, everything good. If I fail - ITS MY FAULT.

Well you may be correct but Im keeping an open mind. Im photo-copying documents that show my employee ID, union status and permanent status from Day one. I plan to work so damm hard it will be impossible for them to get rid of me. If I have to live on that truck Ill do it. Ill have a cooler with plenty of food, large empty bottles (We know why) and a positive attitude. I know about the culture here but I plan to be a change maker. Im showing up 1 1/2 hours early every day to make sure my loads are correct. Pretrips, DIAds, everything good. If I fail - ITS MY FAULT.
You won't make the union during the free period