new hire protocol

antrejo05

A moment ago - antrejo05:
I was offered a job as a permanent part time preloaded about 4 weeks ago. since that time I have done a road test and am being sent to driving school before end of month. is this normal protocol for a preloader. some guys I know that already work as preloaders were upset that I was taken out for a test drive. I have not been called in to do any loading yet.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/find-new/335071/posts#ixzz3DKljSw3F

upschuck

You may have hit the jackpot, UPS style. Since you hadn't worked any yet, they are changing your job to a driver. Do you know if it is permanent or seasonal? Perm is good, seasonal, then you'll probably be "rehired" back into preload. Don't take this personal, but they may have needed another female in the driving ranks. It is much better to start off driving. Good Luck.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't need to read anymore, mainly because I don't care
and by that he means this post has been made a lot lately.
Let's answer it again. Right now we're at a record low for eligible candidates for the driver slot who want to go driving due to the hiring blitz UPS has been on. Normally it would take a lot longer to even just get a shot at driving as a casual, right now just about anyone who has a pulse and decent driving record can get a shot as a casual/TCD.

antrejo05

and by that he means this post has been made a lot lately.
Let's answer it again. Right now we're at a record low for eligible candidates for the driver slot who want to go driving due to the hiring blitz UPS has been on. Normally it would take a lot longer to even just get a shot at driving as a casual, right now just about anyone who has a pulse and decent driving record can get a shot as a casual/TCD.
Thanks , what is TCD? When I successfully complete driving school will I drive or go to preload and drive when needed. Just curious why I am not working preload while waiting on driver school to start. TIA

antrejo05

You may have hit the jackpot, UPS style. Since you hadn't worked any yet, they are changing your job to a driver. Do you know if it is permanent or seasonal? Perm is good, seasonal, then you'll probably be "rehired" back into preload. Don't take this personal, but they may have needed another female in the driving ranks. It is much better to start off driving. Good Luck.
I was definitely hired permanent part time loader. I don't think this center has any female drivers

upschuck

Thanks , what is TCD? When I successfully complete driving school will I drive or go to preload and drive when needed. Just curious why I am not working preload while waiting on driver school to start. TIA
If you work preload, you go to the bottom of the list, you don't want that.

Cementups

Box Monkey
A moment ago - antrejo05:
I was offered a job as a permanent part time preloaded about 4 weeks ago. since that time I have done a road test and am being sent to driving school before end of month. is this normal protocol for a preloader. some guys I know that already work as preloaders were upset that I was taken out for a test drive. I have not been called in to do any loading yet.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/find-new/335071/posts#ixzz3DKljSw3F

If they never signed the list to go out driving then they have nothing to complain about. And I wouldn't mention it to them either if I were you. Take advantage of other people's ignorance whenever possible.