new hire protocol

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by antrejo05, Sep 14, 2014.

1. antrejo05

antrejo05 New Member

A moment ago - antrejo05:
    I was offered a job as a permanent part time preloaded about 4 weeks ago. since that time I have done a road test and am being sent to driving school before end of month. is this normal protocol for a preloader. some guys I know that already work as preloaders were upset that I was taken out for a test drive. I have not been called in to do any loading yet.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/find-new/335071/posts#ixzz3DKljSw3F

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Nothing at USP is normal.

3. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

But, what about UPS?

Sent using a Potato

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

I don't need to read anymore, mainly because I don't care

5. antrejo05

antrejo05 New Member

?
    ?

6. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

You may have hit the jackpot, UPS style. Since you hadn't worked any yet, they are changing your job to a driver. Do you know if it is permanent or seasonal? Perm is good, seasonal, then you'll probably be "rehired" back into preload. Don't take this personal, but they may have needed another female in the driving ranks. It is much better to start off driving. Good Luck.

7. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Wut?

8. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

and by that he means this post has been made a lot lately.
    Let's answer it again. Right now we're at a record low for eligible candidates for the driver slot who want to go driving due to the hiring blitz UPS has been on. Normally it would take a lot longer to even just get a shot at driving as a casual, right now just about anyone who has a pulse and decent driving record can get a shot as a casual/TCD.

9. antrejo05

antrejo05 New Member

Thanks , what is TCD? When I successfully complete driving school will I drive or go to preload and drive when needed. Just curious why I am not working preload while waiting on driver school to start. TIA

10. antrejo05

antrejo05 New Member

I was definitely hired permanent part time loader. I don't think this center has any female drivers

11. upschuck

I meant as a driver. My guess you got the bump because you hadn't worked as preloader yet, and was willing to drive.

12. upschuck

If you work preload, you go to the bottom of the list, you don't want that.

13. antrejo05

antrejo05 New Member

Thanks again for the info, greatly appreciated.

14. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

You are a TCD. Temporary Cover Driver

15. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

If they never signed the list to go out driving then they have nothing to complain about. And I wouldn't mention it to them either if I were you. Take advantage of other people's ignorance whenever possible.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. jaker

jaker trolling

Is it possible to ask someone in HR what is going on with you rather then a bunch of random people on a forum