New Hire, start time questions

AnderFREAK

I just finished the training to become a twilight shift package handler. Our trainer told us to call the twilight office before our first day in the hub to get the start time, but she made it sound like we had to call in every day to find out that days start time. Is that how it really is?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Start times are usually stable, there may be changes made due to weather, predicted volume flow, or holidays.

outta hours

Changes in hub start times can and do very depending on volume projections. You will call for your first day start time. Subsequent days start times will be posted or verbally communicated to you at the end of your shift. That way you know the day before what time you will be working the next day. Good luck. Oh yeah and if it's not posted or mentioned to you, then ask your sup.

tritese

tritese
back in the day we would show up at the same time as the previous day unless told otherwise. if it was a later start then sup would pay from early start since he didn't tell us. different ups though. not enough people will enforce contract.

Just get there when you get there, no big deal. And if your sup starts gettin on your case about it, just tell him to get bent.
That should leave him with a pretty good idea about where he can stick his warning letter.

Next time I'll teach you about proper haz-mat procedures.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Just get there when you get there, no big deal. And if your sup starts gettin on your case about it, just tell him to get bent.
That should leave him with a pretty good idea about where he can stick his warning letter.

Next time I'll teach you about proper haz-mat procedures.

Telling your supervisor "to get bent" is a contract violation.....Its under the management/employee relations article about respecting your sup...So no do not tell your sup to get bent

haha, I hope nobody would be dumb enough to have taken that suggestion seriously. If so they deserve whatever results may come of it. I shouldnt fuel that "us against them" way of thinking that only seems to serve as a detriment to the operation and it's continued success. I've had good working relationships with every supervisor i've had the privelige to work for at UPS.

I was only havin a little fun with that comment. geez

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
haha, I hope nobody would be dumb enough to have taken that suggestion seriously. If so they deserve whatever results may come of it. I shouldnt fuel that "us against them" way of thinking that only seems to serve as a detriment to the operation and it's continued success. I've had good working relationships with every supervisor i've had the privelige to work for at UPS.

I was only havin a little fun with that comment. geez

Gotcha...My apologies :happy-very: