New Hours Initiatives

SmithBarney

This is my experience also. Choosing to not answer your phone is a good strategy. I had a manager attempt to call me on a Saturday morning (it was to be my 6th day) to tell me not to come in. It was only about 40 minutes before scheduled start time. Sorry, once I get out of bed and showered and dressed, I am coming in to get my OT. They ended up needing me after all anyways.

They tried that with me once too... I came in, punched in, was told I wasn't needed.. got my "REPORT IN" pay. :)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They tried that with me once too... I came in, punched in, was told I wasn't needed.. got my "REPORT IN" pay. :)

You sir, have a bad attitude because you actually used their own policies to your advantage. Shame on you for stealing from Fred. You should have just gone home like the sheep do.

Myort

You sir, have a bad attitude because you actually used their own policies to your advantage. Shame on you for stealing from Fred. You should have just gone home like the sheep do.

Sadly, there is a growing segment of our population that would classify that as stealing from the company. After all, you knew what they wanted when they called. The right-wing of this country tries to convince people that anything short of being a sheep is considered "anti-business" and business creates jobs.

FUFred

I was a swing for almost 4 years. I can tell you the days of getting a ride along are far gone. I never road with another driver as a swing. I had other drivers ride with me, new hires but never had any route training. I was in a different part of town everyday. Sometimes Id do a FT rt, if someone got hurt I'd be on the route for a few weeks, get to know it like it was your own rt, then they the all holy MGR would change the schedule. I don't have many post but check out the few I have. I am the perfect example of what the company will do to you.

DontThrowPackages

Sadly, there is a growing segment of our population that would classify that as stealing from the company. After all, you knew what they wanted when they called. The right-wing of this country tries to convince people that anything short of being a sheep is considered "anti-business" and business creates jobs.
Yet they do all they can not to pay taxes.. go figure.

STFXG

Yet they do all they can not to pay taxes.. go figure.

Do you NOT do all that you can to not pay taxes?

DontThrowPackages

Do you NOT do all that you can to not pay taxes?
I file a standard 1040. I don't have enough deductions to itemize. I guess I could make stuff up and get out of paying what I truly owe but I prefer not to steal from anyone. I'll pay what I owe. Someone brought it to my attention that I paid more than General Electric a couple years back(zero). I'm sure if one of their employees did someone to "take from the company", they'd be the first to point fingers.

Damon77

This edict came down at our station last week. No warning, no support, just a "Get it Done" attitude from Management. I know a bunch of employees that will drive thru their break, cut corners, and speed just to be sure not to end up on the DMs Naughty List.

The routes at my station are so poorly structured that some people get 6.5 hours and others get 9.5. Now all the couriers are in self preservation mode and arent going to take one single extra stop from someone in their loop. When I told my manager that I was overmaximzed this am and that I would go over hours they looked at me like a Golden Retriever trying to solve Pi.

I cant stress this enough. Do your job. But please don't create a false bottom by driving thru your breaks or being unsafe just to make your Manager look good to his Boss. Once again MT3 and others have fired off an email mandate with zero planning or support, and have threatened you with discipline if you dont toe the line.

Last edited:

vantexan

Heard something interesting yesterday. Supposedly senior mgr said that it was being considered taking the 3 worst couriers in each station, starting them an hour later, writing them up for any 01's being brought back, and after 5 days of that terminating them. That came from mgr in morning meeting. Interesting culture here in the mid-west. Took a waivered rt in hopes of more hours and lower costs. My rent is much cheaper, will see about more hours. Left a beautiful area, but 37.5-39 a week doesn't cut it. People here are friendly, but I forgot that boss is god in this region.

MAKAVELI

Heard something interesting yesterday. Supposedly senior mgr said that it was being considered taking the 3 worst couriers in each station, starting them an hour later, writing them up for any 01's being brought back, and after 5 days of that terminating them. That came from mgr in morning meeting. Interesting culture here in the mid-west. Took a waivered rt in hopes of more hours and lower costs. My rent is much cheaper, will see about more hours. Left a beautiful area, but 37.5-39 a week doesn't cut it. People here are friendly, but I forgot that boss is god in this region.
Sounds like a lot of bs scare tactics and hot air to me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

It would be great to get ahold of a memo or email that confirms this is happening. Not that I doubt it, but without solid proof you cannot say you were "set-up to fail". If they actually said that in a meeting there are lots of witnesses that could testify that the manager actually made the statement. If he did, he's an absolute maroon.

Maui

Sounds more like gross leadership failure. The customer suffers.

DontThrowPackages

I heard from second hand information that the business reattempt plan wasn't to provide better service per se but to bust courier "falsifying" for a phantom reattempt. Second hand said they were hoping they could "thin out" excess. Food for thought.:holycowsmile:

Myort

Not shocking. I always made sure I did it right and even made sure to scan the same door tag that I had left before.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I heard from second hand information that the business reattempt plan wasn't to provide better service per se but to bust courier "falsifying" for a phantom reattempt. Second hand said they were hoping they could "thin out" excess. Food for thought.:holycowsmile:

I don't put anything past them. They will write anyone up for anything right now, and I don't think they came-up with it themselves...they aren't capable of it. All that any of us needs is something in writing that "proves" a plan designed to target people for elimination. It's obvious that they are doing it. Proving it is another matter.