New Ideas/Technology = More Money In My Pocket

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The funny part is that our center is still telling us to reduce our backs even though the Orion boys told us not to worry about that anymore.
I didn't back prior to ORION and still won't, this will effect miles as well. My trace is also messed up as I will deliver and entire neighborhood out of the passenger side door instead of crossing the street. This becomes a problem when ORION wants you to break streets to make one pass through, even though you'll come out the same was you came in. Just two of many reasons I can't make that metric, I don't gamble with my safety or the public's.

Overpaid Union Thug

Instructions to preloaders at ORION locations are very clear.

To paraphrase: "While you may be used to book/lip loading in order so the driver can easily pull one stop after another, you're now to fill all space from the back wall of each shelf to the front."

This of course presents problems for label visibility. It's done so the additional ORION stop volume can be crammed in without taking up a lot of floor space since even the driver's first stop(s) might be in a back section.

These days, if a loader wants to load book/lip style, he/she catches grief from management until it changes to the crappy backfill style. And you work as directed unless there are safety concerns.

This is a biggie and is actually one of the biggest time killers. Sometimes this "method" is more counterproductive than hiding the labels from us. But both combined are freaking ridiculous. You'd think that since they expect us to follow a program that expects us to dig stops out of the middle of the sections they'd instruct the preloaders to make sure they try and order the packages by sequence numbers and to not burry the lower numbers behind/under the higher numbers. But.......we work for a bunch of imbeciles that have little to no experience delivering packages that are making their decisions based on the results of unrealistic and irrelevant spread sheets and algorithms.

We are doomed. There is no hope for this company if they don't wake up. Right now we are a damaged ship at sea that has a small leak that is slowly but surely taking in water. These fools need to figure out that the ship will stop taking on water when the hole is plugged instead of continuing to think that having it's deck hands form a bucket brigade to toss the water over the side is going to save the day. Freakin idiots.

But at least our paychecks are getting bigger and bigger.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...or we could do the right thing and deliver within their posted hours...
If they don't open until 4:00 PM then they need to make other arrangements. That pretty much gives us a 1 hour time window to work with before any non-deliveries would be deemed "missed." Plus we have to make a delivery attempt prior to the commit time for NDA and NDA savers even if we know they aren't there. If they have staff on the premises as early as 10:00 then the owners need to allow that staff to sign for deliveries instead of expecting us to wait until after 4:00 to make an attempt.

Ms.PacMan

Sheet the packages as refused and send them back. Repeat as necessary. Sooner or later the owners will re-evaluate their policy.

They have complained so much that the center manager told them we would deliver after noon.

Can you deliver them after 4pm when you do a p/up in this area?

That's what I've been trying to get them to do - add the stop to the route whose p/u's are in that area. I was hoping because of all the extra miles that Orion will spur them to come up with a different solution.

By The Book

They have complained so much that the center manager told them we would deliver after noon.

That's what I've been trying to get them to do - add the stop to the route whose p/u's are in that area. I was hoping because of all the extra miles that Orion will spur them to come up with a different solution.
Hold it right there!, your starting to make sense.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is a biggie and is actually one of the biggest time killers. Sometimes this "method" is more counterproductive than hiding the labels from us. But both combined are freaking ridiculous. You'd think that since they expect us to follow a program that expects us to dig stops out of the middle of the sections they'd instruct the preloaders to make sure they try and order the packages by sequence numbers and to not burry the lower numbers behind/under the higher numbers. But.......we work for a bunch of imbeciles that have little to no experience delivering packages that are making their decisions based on the results of unrealistic and irrelevant spread sheets and algorithms.

We are doomed. There is no hope for this company if they don't wake up. Right now we are a damaged ship at sea that has a small leak that is slowly but surely taking in water. These fools need to figure out that the ship will stop taking on water when the hole is plugged instead of continuing to think that having it's deck hands form a bucket brigade to toss the water over the side is going to save the day. Freakin idiots.

But at least our paychecks are getting bigger and bigger.
And if it were to ever happen that this company loses money and goes under. Guess who takes the blame?

The teamsters and the worthless UNION workers.

barnyard

KTM rider
Usually there aren't many ways to beat the projected miles,(if you follow Orion stop for stop) but if you do this efficiency usually shows you late on paper.

I usually run in the 80-97% range. The 97% day, I beat orion by 2 miles.

The routes that I have run, it is pretty easy to beat the miles.

Box Ox

From what I've overheard, my guess is that the decision makers who don't have the union are scared of one another or don't want to rock the boat. The center/hub is scared of district. District of regional, etc. If the company is going to turn this turd around, it's got to come from the very top. And it hasn't, which is why the pictures of David Abney schmoozing with hourlies in latest UPS Insider/Inside UPS/whatever (tossed it pretty quickly) were more than a little off-putting. But even he probably has to watch his own back when it comes to the board and investors. Because they probably think ORION is a super-cool, shiny new path to profit bonanza that can only do good. As it's been marketed by corporate via all sorts of mediums. Even though they've created a monster.

This TV show segment, for example. Gives the impression that ORION as a fantastic tool that works great in real world situations.

Packmule

Only thing I like about Orion is that now we only deliver misloads if the are very close to where we are anyway. No mor half hour drives across town at the end of the day.

Overpaid Union Thug

From what I've overheard, my guess is that the decision makers who don't have the union are scared of one another or don't want to rock the boat. The center/hub is scared of district. District of regional, etc. If the company is going to turn this turd around, it's got to come from the very top. And it hasn't, which is why the pictures of David Abney schmoozing with hourlies in latest UPS Insider/Inside UPS/whatever (tossed it pretty quickly) were more than a little off-putting. But even he probably has to watch his own back when it comes to the board and investors. Because they probably think ORION is a super-cool, shiny new path to profit bonanza that can only do good. As it's been marketed by corporate via all sorts of mediums. Even though they've created a monster.

This TV show segment, for example. Gives the impression that ORION as a fantastic tool that works great in real world situations.

The photos in the suckass article in "Inside UPS" were the most pathetic and disturbing images I've seen in a very long time. I wonder if at least one of the people in those photos are members on this forum. Or maybe someone that works in any of those places and witnessed that ass sucking is a member. It would be interesting to hear their accounts of what they witnessed on those horrible days. LOL.