New Important Policy Rumor/Buzz

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He is purposely elusive about giving details that would expose his identity, then he says he doesn't care if they figure out who he is because he has money/options/whatever and the job doesn't matter, then he says he throws out "intentional red herrings" to mislead people.

Good luck!

Let's see what happens, Denial.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe it makes sense for the circumstances in those locations.

I am aware of one station where several people have been forced out of FT. That means they need to leave the station if no FT is available (which it isn't) and go elsewhere. This is the difference between simple route restructuring/balancing and a wholesale attempt to eliminate FT work.

Purplepackage

I am aware of one station where several people have been forced out of FT. That means they need to leave the station if no FT is available (which it isn't) and go elsewhere. This is the difference between simple route restructuring/balancing and a wholesale attempt to eliminate FT work.

I understand that this happened at 1 station (and don't get me wrong I truly don't care I only have a few years left). But like I said at my station we just made a new FT route and we are actually getting busier. So they might be doing this converting in some markets but where I'm at it wouldn't be possible

Express Courier

From my experience they have never forced a FT out of FT but when/if that person transfers or whatever they have been known to absorb the route or make it PT in one way or another. Sometimes. There's a few jacked up routes that make no sense at my station because of this. Basically needing help everyday to make it back in time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
From my experience they have never forced a FT out of FT but when/if that person transfers or whatever they have been known to absorb the route or make it PT in one way or another. Sometimes. There's a few jacked up routes that make no sense at my station because of this. Basically needing help everyday to make it back in time.

Right, and I can see the need for occasional restructuring. But, this appears to go well beyond to the point of making nearly every route PT. That's the real issue here, and I'm not sure whether or not this is a trial balloon or the real deal that will be implemented system-wide.

Look at it from The Weasel's perspective. No more OT, and mostly PT so no disability etc. I doubt he can get enough bodies to make it happen, but at the station in question, they hired a whole slew of PT people and an equal number of rentals.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Right, and I can see the need for occasional restructuring. But, this appears to go well beyond to the point of making nearly every route PT. That's the real issue here, and I'm not sure whether or not this is a trial balloon or the real deal that will be implemented system-wide.

Look at it from The Weasel's perspective. No more OT, and mostly PT so no disability etc. I doubt he can get enough bodies to make it happen, but at the station in question, they hired a whole slew of PT people and an equal number of rentals.
I really enjoy the majority of your posts, and agree with you as often as I disagree with your posts, but dude, you're beginning to sound like an elder for Jehovahs Witnesses.

bacha29

Just remain vigilant and watch for consistent patterns developing. At Ground the ISP format was slowly brought in on a state basis and was evaluated to see if it would be a viable alternative if they continued to lose worker misclassification laws suits . As it turned out they did and may lose more going forward. Remember nearly all of the big box stores have 2 or 3 full time employees and a battalion size group of PT employees. You can't rule out X thinking along those lines.

Artee

Hope you didn't get this info from that always wrong R1A guy that left here with his tail between his legs. He had more conspiracy theories than Alex Jones. I think I heard R1A on Coast to Coast last week.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
From my experience they have never forced a FT out of FT but when/if that person transfers or whatever they have been known to absorb the route or make it PT in one way or another.

We've had our worst OT offenders cured by changing their routes to 4X10 but most of our other changes have been via attrition, like you're describing.

whenIgetthere

We've had our worst OT offenders cured by changing their routes to 4X10 but most of our other changes have been via attrition, like you're describing.

In my loop, routes were restructured to bring OT down. I was getting minimums every few weeks, while the route next to me was getting more than 50 hours per week. They moved a chunk of that route to me, and with 30 less stops per day, this same courier is still over 10 hours per day. I always said this courier would get 10 hours whether they have 20 stops or 120.

vantexan

In my loop, routes were restructured to bring OT down. I was getting minimums every few weeks, while the route next to me was getting more than 50 hours per week. They moved a chunk of that route to me, and with 30 less stops per day, this same courier is still over 10 hours per day. I always said this courier would get 10 hours whether they have 20 stops or 120.
Have known a few of them. Often the mgr's buddy.

dex 84

But they'll keep shifting freight your way until you get 10 hours with 120 stops and he gets 10 with 20. All in the name of cutting O/T...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

There's one in every couple of loops. Paycheck thieves.

This is the worst offender I've seen. He had almost 3 hours of PUPs at the end of his delivery route and was hitting 55 hours on the nose every week. He said it was because of all the work. They took the PUPs off of him, but he was getting in only an hour earlier. Figuring that he was going to get his hours no matter what, the PUPs were put back on him and get something to show for it.

He complained about the "extra" work that wasn't really a problem 3 months earlier. His route was changed to 4X10, so he started arriving later and later until he was jeopardizing the CTV departure. Again he used the excuse of having so much work, so a bunch of delivery stops were taken off of him... and he didn't get back much earlier. He was blatantly sandbagging it. His manager decided to pay a visit one day and observed him running a couple of errands and shooting the breeze with others for several minutes at a time.

He met with the courier the next day to discuss his GAP report. He pointed out 3 or 4 gaps and said that there was no excuse for them. Courier gave him some BS and poor attitude. Manager said that he had a point and to please write down the reason for the gaps, which he did. Manager read it aloud and told the courier, "OK, this makes good sense. I see your reasoning, that's a very good explanation." The courier couldn't have been happier and grinned like the cat that had swallowed the canary.

Then the manager pulled up phone video of the courier running his errands and so forth and said, "How about a good explanation for this?" Silence. "I have a false statement that you wrote and signed that is grounds for immediate termination. I have the video to prove it. I also have a hunch that you'll be getting back to the building much sooner." That solved most of the problem.

That guy was the absolute worst I've ever seen. No one else comes close, but some try to get cute with it at times. He should have been fired.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
There's one in every couple of loops. Paycheck thieves.

This is the worst offender I've seen. He had almost 3 hours of PUPs at the end of his delivery route and was hitting 55 hours on the nose every week. He said it was because of all the work. They took the PUPs off of him, but he was getting in only an hour earlier. Figuring that he was going to get his hours no matter what, the PUPs were put back on him and get something to show for it.

He complained about the "extra" work that wasn't really a problem 3 months earlier. His route was changed to 4X10, so he started arriving later and later until he was jeopardizing the CTV departure. Again he used the excuse of having so much work, so a bunch of delivery stops were taken off of him... and he didn't get back much earlier. He was blatantly sandbagging it. His manager decided to pay a visit one day and observed him running a couple of errands and shooting the breeze with others for several minutes at a time.

He met with the courier the next day to discuss his GAP report. He pointed out 3 or 4 gaps and said that there was no excuse for them. Courier gave him some BS and poor attitude. Manager said that he had a point and to please write down the reason for the gaps, which he did. Manager read it aloud and told the courier, "OK, this makes good sense. I see your reasoning, that's a very good explanation." The courier couldn't have been happier and grinned like the cat that had swallowed the canary.

Then the manager pulled up phone video of the courier running his errands and so forth and said, "How about a good explanation for this?" Silence. "I have a false statement that you wrote and signed that is grounds for immediate termination. I have the video to prove it. I also have a hunch that you'll be getting back to the building much sooner." That solved most of the problem.

That guy was the absolute worst I've ever seen. No one else comes close, but some try to get cute with it at times. He should have been fired.
BS.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I understand that this happened at 1 station (and don't get me wrong I truly don't care I only have a few years left). But like I said at my station we just made a new FT route and we are actually getting busier. So they might be doing this converting in some markets but where I'm at it wouldn't be possible

It looks like they were trying it at a few select locations and it bombed because they didn't have enough people to make it work. Just the idea that they would even attempt this given current turnover rates and operational difficulties speaks volumes about the disconnect between Memphis and the real world of Ops.