New info on the contract results.

Local 177 failed the master and the supplement. The master is still being counted. Ones that are left are local 89 and Central states. It's in favor of a pass so far. Local 89 could sway this.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We're Urban Meyer-level smug here in 177, though I get the feeling that this was more our own collective referendum on Hoffa/Hall more than anything else. The man came here 4 months ago and made a whole bunch of promises he failed to keep.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We're Urban Meyer-level smug here in 177, though I get the feeling that this was more our own collective referendum on Hoffa/Hall more than anything else. The man came here 4 months ago and made a whole bunch of promises he failed to keep.

They have turned into politicians. Promise. Promise. Than never follow thru on any of them. Wonder if UPS will want their payoff cash back.;-) haha

opie

Not to mention the Local 177 executive board. Backing this garbage. We will remember this at the next local election.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Per TDU, most of the locals in the West have yet to be counted and while the YES margins are smaller than that of 2007, it's still passing beyond SoCal.

TDU estimates that only 2000 people in 89 voted, with the remainder of the ballots being duplicates (b/c of the screw ups). Even if they all went NO, it's not enough to make a dent in the YES column, especially considering most else of Central States is already in the Central States health fund.

It'll pass, by 60% or more.

Where you at the meeting in may. I couldn't believe it. I thought the supplement was a done deal. This could be I good thing. This can show the company we need better on the local level.

Per TDU, most of the locals in the West have yet to be counted and while the YES margins are smaller than that of 2007, it's still passing beyond SoCal.

TDU estimates that only 2000 people in 89 voted, with the remainder of the ballots being duplicates (b/c of the screw ups). Even if they all went NO, it's not enough to make a dent in the YES column, especially considering most else of Central States is already in the Central States health fund.

It'll pass, by 60% or more.
It will pass.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
It will pass.

Without a doubt. And probably not far off the 65% it earned five years ago.

It failed in Cedar Rapids & Des Moines, and is passing with smaller margins elsewhere in Central States. But the biggest surprise again is the poor vote return.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

Not to mention the Local 177 executive board. Backing this garbage. We will remember this at the next local election.

Nothing will change, IMO. IIRC, our local has been this way for years. Support has always been sketchy for Hoffa (in comparison to other locals), votes always close on things like the Master and Supplement, but every time the executive board vote comes round, the same guys win by 2 to 1 and 3 to 1 margins.

The problem is that we're too big. The dissenters in Trenton and Edison can't get behind a slate of guys they've never heard from the Meadowlands and vice-versa.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Where you at the meeting in may. I couldn't believe it. I thought the supplement was a done deal. This could be I good thing. This can show the company we need better on the local level.

Unfortunately there were personal issues preventing me from being there, but I got the whole story from my SS.

brown_trousers

Im pretty sure the west coast will be more of a yes vote. They didnt take as big of a hit on the healthcare and their pension is doing pretty well. If TDU's numbers are accurate, it looks like this contract will ratify with a healthy margin of yes votes

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
MAN, I spent all this money on a bomb shelter and a topless Sandy Pope calender for 2013-14 !!!!!!

How will I ever save face at my union meetings !!!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Like absolutely none of your business. The same thing I tell my supervisor when I call out when I'm not sick.

If I thought you were important enough to give a reason for my absence, you'd have gotten it by now.

​Read much? I was poking at UpState. LOL

Sorry dude. Kind of got into the zone there and didn't get the gist of what you were getting at. I'm really hardcore about my participation in union matters, don't like being called out on stuff that I can't make, that's the only reason I went beast on you lol.