New Insurance on Jan 01??????? TeamCare

RealPerson

So, I am interested in what the people here have to say on this.

I have heard No Matter what, even if supplements are voted down again, that the Insurance will be TeamCare.
Since the National passed, then teamcare it is.

I also have heard that until every supplement is passed that the contract is NOT ratified and we will continue this 30 day notice contract extension...

ezmoney5150

I have heard No Matter what, even if supplements are voted down again, that the Insurance will be TeamCare.

I also have heard that until every supplement is passed that the contract is NOT ratified and we will continue this 30 day notice contract extension...

Its true. As of Jan. 1st you wlll be on CS health. The national passed. It will not be reopened. Voting no does not matter. That train left the station.

RealPerson

Its true. As of Jan. 1st you wlll be on CS health. The national passed. It will not be reopened. Voting no does not matter. That train left the station.

No, Never Mind.
I was sent a PM to go watch the DVD.
Straight from the Unions Mouth.
--- Will take effect Jan 1st Provided ALL SUPPLEMENTS Pass ----

Guess I should of watched the DVD

The Milkman

No, Never Mind. I was sent a PM to go watch the DVD. Straight from the Unions Mouth. --- Will take effect Jan 1st Provided ALL SUPPLEMENTS Pass ---- Guess I should of watched the DVD

Well my old local 177 will not be a part of Teamcare from what I hear. For over 20 years I was on the Traditional Plan, Then Ups wanted us to change to new Plans. I was so used to my traditional plan that I was weary of changing. I changed so I could receive Dental and vison coverage when I retired. If I stayed on the traditional plan I was told you would lose that coverage, it was a no brainer to switch and we were told that we had to be on the plan for 4 yrs prior to retirement. So now after about 9yrs or so, the many that chose the new plan,will have to go back to a similar if not the same type of traditional plan?? Not being active I have no voice anymore,so I have to go with the flow so to speak. Remember this post years from now when they want YOU to do the same dance:knockedout:

Well my old local 177 will not be a part of Teamcare from what I hear. For over 20 years I was on the Traditional Plan, Then Ups wanted us to change to new Plans. I was so used to my traditional plan that I was weary of changing. I changed so I could receive Dental and vison coverage when I retired. If I stayed on the traditional plan I was told you would lose that coverage, it was a no brainer to switch and we were told that we had to be on the plan for 4 yrs prior to retirement. So now after about 9yrs or so, the many that chose the new plan,will have to go back to a similar if not the same type of traditional plan?? Not being active I have no voice anymore,so I have to go with the flow so to speak. Remember this post years from now when they want YOU to do the same dance:knockedout:
The plan is the same that you have now with the new plan they found us. So don't worry. Things will be ok.

What initiative would ups have to bargain with us after jan 1st?? What would they lose by locking us out over this at that time??
This was the same talk that was said when there was info that a lot of the locals voted the supplements down. Then looked at what happened. We will just have to wait and see.

Delivered

What initiative would ups have to bargain with us after jan 1st?? What would they lose by locking us out over this at that time??

$1 BILLION in revenue every week is what UPS would lose. Those in the ivory tower would take a big hit on the Stock, I'd say it would lose about 15-20% of value almost over night. Remember we were not public in 97 when the stock only lost 50 cents when we went on strike.

UPS: Worldwide

$1 BILLION in revenue every week is what UPS would lose. Those in the ivory tower would take a big hit on the Stock, I'd say it would lose about 15-20% of value almost over night. Remember we were not public in 97 when the stock only lost 50 cents when we went
Do you ever think outside the box? Do you ever think that UPS might love to change their business model? Have you ever heard the rumors that UPS would love to go business-to-business and get rid of residential? To become a much leaner company maybe Might be worth it. Don't ever underestimate UPS because they always have something else up their sleeve.

browned out

Do you ever think outside the box? Do you ever think that UPS might love to change their business model? Have you ever heard the rumors that UPS would love to go business-to-business and get rid of residential? To become a much leaner company maybe Might be worth it. Don't ever underestimate UPS because they always have something else up their sleeve.

Someone will always have to deliver the resis. Whether it is UPS or someone else. There will always be a place for the hardest working delivery drivers on the planet.

BrownChoice

Only real difference is the deductible the last 2 years of contract. Some things are actually better. However, there may be a loophole for TeamCare to change at anytime in the future, near or distant.... Either way it is what it is. Like the posters above have mentioned, there's no changing it now!

CharleyHustle

$1 BILLION in revenue every week is what UPS would lose. Those in the ivory tower would take a big hit on the Stock, I'd say it would lose about 15-20% of value almost over night. Remember we were not public in 97 when the stock only lost 50 cents when we went on strike.

I don't think that they have to "lock out" the whole operation. They could say that World Port is absolutely vital to their operations, and they are solely responsible for holding up ratification, and therefore divert volume and lock out just local 89.

Ouch

Someone will always have to deliver the resis. Whether it is UPS or someone else. There will always be a place for the hardest working delivery drivers on the planet.

Ever heard of enron? Im sure that there employees said the same thing. Dont ever think that ups is looking out for you. The worse thing ups ever did was go public. Now its up to shareholders and not the company so much. I would like to think your right but I never put all my eggs in the same basket.

oldupsman

The contract is not ratified until every supplement is passed. The 30 day contract extension will continue until it is passed.
That means your current health care will continue until the contract is ratified. Your healthcare will not change until the contract is ratified.
Jan 1 is irrelevant. These folks who are telling you this are simply trying to scare you into voting yes the second time around. Or trying to
convince you voting no is useless. Ask yourself this question. If voting no is useless, why do they care?

I'm not telling you how to vote. Teamcare is still not as good as the UPS healthcare. But with the changes the IBT has made it is now at least
closer. But the only reason the changes were made was because of the first no vote. The IBT tried to put one past the membership
and they failed. Jan 1 you do not automatically go to Teamcare or CS or anywhere else. You will not lose your UPS healthcare until this contract is
RATIFIED. That might be 2 months from now. It also might be 2 years from now. Vote the way you want.

BrownChoice

There is no going back to negotiating the Master for another 5 years now. We will be going to TeamCare eventually. Whether it be near or distant. It will happen. Just remember that our healthcare depends on the assets of the Teamsters now, not the bulletproof profits we help make UPS.
I do not believe it to be unions' jobs to provide healthcare to its members. It is to negotiate and get companies to PROVIDE THEM....sometimes id sometimes rather pay the 30$ premium per week...I use mine more than most I know it!
i am just thankful to have what I have as I am better off then 90% of the family and friends I have.
:smart:

RealPerson

The contract is not ratified until every supplement is passed. The 30 day contract extension will continue until it is passed.
That means your current health care will continue until the contract is ratified. Your healthcare will not change until the contract is ratified.
Jan 1 is irrelevant. These folks who are telling you this are simply trying to scare you into voting yes the second time around. Or trying to
convince you voting no is useless. Ask yourself this question. If voting no is useless, why do they care?

I'm not telling you how to vote. Teamcare is still not as good as the UPS healthcare. But with the changes the IBT has made it is now at least
closer. But the only reason the changes were made was because of the first no vote. The IBT tried to put one past the membership
and they failed. Jan 1 you do not automatically go to Teamcare or CS or anywhere else. You will not lose your UPS healthcare until this contract is
RATIFIED. That might be 2 months from now. It also might be 2 years from now. Vote the way you want.

I am a Solid Vote NO.
I had this question, then I watched the DVD.
Right out of Ken Hs mouth he said, it will NOT take affect, until all Supplements are passed...
So, i should of watched the DVD first. I was kinda trying to see what the hard lined IBT people would say, while getting a definite answer, that I later found...