New job at ups

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
So how bad is delivering all those packages really? Some people in the hub make it sound easy and others make the place sound like hell. I know from humping packages most of the people in the hub are very negative lol.

Furthermore I was curious in knowing how hard the class is to become a driver now? This guy today was making it sound super hard. I was just wondering cause drivers tend to make it sound as if it wasnt to bad to learn to be a pck car driver.

If it was the same job that it was 20-25 years ago, I would encourage you to take it.

Having lived through a lot of changes that make the job more difficult for the driver, ( and knowing that more of the same will be implemented in the future ), I would advise against it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So how bad is delivering all those packages really? Some people in the hub make it sound easy and others make the place sound like hell. I know from humping packages most of the people in the hub are very negative lol.

Furthermore I was curious in knowing how hard the class is to become a driver now? This guy today was making it sound super hard. I was just wondering cause drivers tend to make it sound as if it wasnt to bad to learn to be a pck car driver.
It's a piece of cake
Lots of rainbows and unicorns

clean hairy

Sample what it is like for yourself.
On a Friday Evening, go out and buy 6 cases of water.
Put them in the trunk of your car.
On Saturday, (Hopefully quite hot and humid, and maybe a downpour of rain thrown in) spend 8 hours driving (no turning on the a/c!) and go to empty parking lots and move the 6 cases of water from the trunk of your car to a point about 100 feet away, 1 at a time. Then, bring them back to the trunk of your car 1 at a time.
Also, NO CHEATING! No going into a nice air conditioned store to cool off, it is about working in the heat!
After doing that, let us know if it is something you would want to do 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Not really. Got your foot in the door. Now you just need to wait for an opportunity to hop in

Agree with this member, i forgot about the 6~to~1 ratio about movin out to become a driver...

You have a cdl-A now, so you should already know the 5 seeing habits and to drive with a stick... get them n the 10 point commentary in memory ASAP. maybe skip being in package n go straight feeders

plus make sure hr and managemwnt knows u are looking to be in a driver seat, be proactive about it & let us know how it works out for you in a year. Good Luck!

jprinzz

Agree with this member, i forgot about the 6~to~1 ratio about movin out to become a driver...

You have a cdl-A now, so you should already know the 5 seeing habits and to drive with a stick... get them n the 10 point commentary in memory ASAP. maybe skip being in package n go straight feeders

plus make sure hr and managemwnt knows u are looking to be in a driver seat, be proactive about it & let us know how it works out for you in a year. Good Luck!

Thanks for the positive response. Yea I am trucking along. The atomosphere in the hub is interesting between supervisors and hourly. I will continue to try to reach the trucking position. humping packages it is for now.

MendozaJ

Attain seniority first while asking others how long it took them to become driver. When you make book, go to HR and express your desire to go driving. They have all the info, set up road tests, classes, etc. A lot of guys get bumped because of their background check, or because they're just overall crappy employees that will be dq'd on any technicality. Of course every building is different, but I've never seen a driver bid sheet in my life.