New Label System?

Hubrat98

Talk to your sup. If they are being thrown away I would not see a problem with you collecting them and turning them in for the rebate.

No supervisor in his right mind would tell an employee to walk out of the building with anything other than what he walked in with. Excluding gifts from customers etc...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No supervisor in his right mind would tell an employee to walk out of the building with anything other than what he walked in with. Excluding gifts from customers etc...

Which is why I advised her to talk with a sup first and not to do this on her own. Dill, if they won't let you do if for your personal use, ask them if they would be willing to collect the empties and donate them to a local charity which would then benefit from the rebate or if they would collect them for recycling purposes. Throwing them away serves no useful purpose.

cino321

Which is why I advised her to talk with a sup first and not to do this on her own. Dill, if they won't let you do if for your personal use, ask them if they would be willing to collect the empties and donate them to a local charity which would then benefit from the rebate or if they would collect them for recycling purposes. Throwing them away serves no useful purpose.

Those wheels in your head are always turning.

dillweed

Thanks for the replies and input. hubrat, I have not taken any of the cartridges. I know better.

upstate - good idea on suggesting they give them to charity. Even if I asked a sup about taking them I just wouldn't be comfy with it. Making some use out of them is the main point and I'd be pleased to see them go to a good cause. Using for personal gain might just be a noose I don't want to wear. I've been behaving like a good little UPSer and the target seems to be fading from by back.

Only thing I've ever taken were a few used cardboard boxes, with permission. Also a box cutter which is in my purse to be returned when I remember and a couple pens stuck benind my ear!

I'll make the suggestion and see if they run with it. dw

Hubrat98

Dill, I misunderstood what you wrote. When you said "my own" I thought you were referring to the spent cartridges from your imprinter, not your home printer. I was just trying to prevent you from making a big mistake. From reading your past posts I thought you would know better than to take anything from the building and thankfully you do.

dillweed

No offense taken, hubrat. The way that post was written could certainly have led to misunderstanding.

I appreciate what you wrote as it was intended to help me out of a sticky position. Not only do I like and need the job, I wouldn't want that sort of "ink stain" on my work history.

Oh boy, nothing like early morning attempt at humor!

reign77

Anybody have experience with the new PAS labeling system? They are threatening to bring it to us later this year. It replaces the printed PAL label. They eliminate the scanners at the unloading doors. They add one person to the sort, and give the sorters hand held scanners, which spray an inky label onto the box.

To prepare us for this, they are directing us not to rip the label off the pkgs when loading, but to write the position number on the side of the box. Back to the past. Of course they do not factor in that this will take more time per box.

Ugh.

First off- “threatening" is not a good term; the imprinters you speak off are going in to reduce cost not as a punishment. The system basically uses ink instead of paper to place the HIN number on the package. The benefits are obviously cost, eco friendly, and reduce internal and external customer complaints (stickers placed on UPS and customer barcodes). The only downside is they can be difficult to read when the ink is not replaced timely.

As far you your comment on pulling off the old PAL labels, I don’t remember that ever being a method so you should be faster with the new system- not slower.

Hope this helps

W

westsideworma

As far you your comment on pulling off the old PAL labels, I don’t remember that ever being a method so you should be faster with the new system- not slower.

Hope this helps

we were told that here as well...it isn't an official method (as in the official IE methods manual, which is a fun read btw haha), but it was what we were told to do while I was a loader and right up until we received the imprinters