New Loader Scanners for P/T'ers?

UPSBluRdg03

Are these the smart scanners weve been hearing about for years? Would finally put an end to the majority of missorts on the outbound.

p228

The 'smart scanners' actually just use different software, the hardware is the same. Export uses them but not the domestic loads. No idea why.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm surprised they haven't figured out a way to make the preloaders scan every package they load to eliminate misloads on that sort. Of course, without lowering the production number or shutting the belt off.

UPSSOCKS

We have been testing them for years. Ready for deployment. With the new Misload Detection Software AND these scanners service failures will be cut in half. The buildings using MDS have made it hard on the union worker. Misloads are detected within minutes rather than days later. This new software for the scanners should be the icing on the cake. This should also help create new jobs since the company will be terminating those employees that can't check packages.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We have been testing them for years. Ready for deployment. With the new Misload Detection Software AND these scanners service failures will be cut in half. The buildings using MDS have made it hard on the union worker. Misloads are detected within minutes rather than days later. This new software for the scanners should be the icing on the cake. This should also help create new jobs since the company will be terminating those employees that can't check packages.
So, you are going to fire people on the spot if they misload? Yeah. Sure. Uh-huh. Gotcha. O.K. Yup.

UPSSOCKS

So, you are going to fire people on the spot if they misload? Yeah. Sure. Uh-huh. Gotcha. O.K. Yup.

Sure it's happening already. You can't just fire a first time offender, but it is much easier to discipline when the misloads are being reported real time. Instead of saying to the steward that Joe X misload last Tuesday, we can now say Joe X misloaded this package four minutes ago. And the age old excuse that the label was bad is being taken away because a supervisor has to retrieve the misload from the load and can show the employee and the steward the package that was misloaded.

I am happy that you follow and reply to all of my post, if you give me your address I would be happy to send you an autograph.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sure it's happening already. You can't just fire a first time offender, but it is much easier to discipline when the misloads are being reported real time. Instead of saying to the steward that Joe X misload last Tuesday, we can now say Joe X misloaded this package four minutes ago. And the age old excuse that the label was bad is being taken away because a supervisor has to retrieve the misload from the load and can show the employee and the steward the package that was misloaded.

I am happy that you follow and reply to all of my post, if you give me your address I would be happy to send you an autograph.
As the economy gets better I'm sure you'll still have lots of people willing to put up with the heat of summer, low pay, and supervisors such as yourself. Yep, I can see them banging at the doors now.

UPSSOCKS

As the economy gets better I'm sure you'll still have lots of people willing to put up with the heat of summer, low pay, and supervisors such as yourself. Yep, I can see them banging at the doors now.

Yeah the economy is really booming. It's funny no matter how the economy is UPS still manages to hire.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yeah the economy is really booming. It's funny no matter how the economy is UPS still manages to hire.

As does McDonalds, Burger King, grocery stores ect. The difference is the work environment, the one you create. Instead of trying to get rid of your people, how about you try nurturing them, treat them like a partner, and show them something you seem to need help in, respect. Managers aren't measured by how many people they fire, they're measured by how many people they promote.

UPSSOCKS

As does McDonalds, Burger King, grocery stores ect. The difference is the work environment, the one you create. Instead of trying to get rid of your people, how about you try nurturing them, treat them like a partner, and show them something you seem to need help in, respect. Managers aren't measured by how many people they fire, they're measured by how many people they promote.

Workers are measured by how many misloads they get. If they can't check three simple criteria (city, state, zip) they are working for the wrong company.

washington57

Have had this system here for awhile, from what i've heard around here it definitely helps reduce misloads. No one has been fired for misloads that I know of.

Biggest problem is boxes that are loaded without being scanned...can't catch misloads that aren't scanned in..

menotyou

bella amicizia
Have had this system here for awhile, from what i've heard around here it definitely helps reduce misloads. No one has been fired for misloads that I know of.

Biggest problem is boxes that are loaded without being scanned...can't catch misloads that aren't scanned in..
You actually have a system that the loaders use to scan every package before being loaded into each individual package car?