New loading hire

John Ericson

I just got hired as a loader and its the beginning of my first whole week, and my supervisor said that I had to sign this paper saying that I was slow, I told him that I just started, and he said that I still had to sign it no matter what and that I have to pick up the pace, i was skeptical of signing because I just started and they expect me to be above other people that have been here before me, was he suppose to have given me that paper?

km3

First of all, change your user name if that's your real name.

Until you're in the union, you can be let go for any reason. Even if he wasn't "supposed" to make you sign it, you still have to unless you wanna be walked out.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I didn't sign anything that was given to me during my probation period and somehow I got in. Probably has to do with this place being insanely understaffed

tacken

Please show me the proper speed to work Mr Sup. Don't sign anything!!!!!!!!. I am working at a safe pace ,would you like me to work unsafely?

John Ericson

Please show me the proper speed to work Mr Sup. Don't sign anything!!!!!!!!. I am working at a safe pace ,would you like me to work unsafely?
Yeah they keep a ratio of how many packages your scanning I was one of the last ones on the graph but I mean why should that count if your just starting, they can't expect you to be on top of 4 year old veterans that's crazy lol

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock

I disagree. Sign whatever while on probation period. You don't want anyone to think you might be a pain in the ass after you make book. After your 30 don't sign anything

John Ericson

I disagree. Sign whatever while on probation period. You don't want anyone to think you might be a pain in the ass after you make book. After your 30 don't sign anything
Yeah but then that would give them more of a reason to fire you considering that you are signing something that is saying your are below that ratio is practically agreeing with it

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Yeah but then that would give them more of a reason to fire you considering that you are signing something that is saying your are below that ratio is practically agreeing with it

I think its more of an acknowledgement of it rather than agreeing if that makes sense

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
I just got hired as a loader and its the beginning of my first whole week, and my supervisor said that I had to sign this paper saying that I was slow, I told him that I just started, and he said that I still had to sign it no matter what and that I have to pick up the pace, i was skeptical of signing because I just started and they expect me to be above other people that have been here before me, was he suppose to have given me that paper?

Hi,
Are you loading trailers or package cars? What was your PPH? It takes a little time to get your pace up.

PT Car Washer

First of all, change your user name if that's your real name.

Until you're in the union, you can be let go for any reason. Even if he wasn't "supposed" to make you sign it, you still have to unless you wanna be walked out.
You can't be let go for just any reason. That would be considered discriminating hiring. UPS is tracking your training progress. Nobody expects a new hire to work at the same speed as an experienced worker. They do expect you to work safely, follow instructions and make steady improvements. That way if you do not work out they have a paper trail to document why you were not kept. Also documents that the PT sup is training you properly and using the UPS methods. Refusing to sign training documents could make you appear immature and failing to follow instructions. Always pick your battles.

John Ericson

You can't be let go for just any reason. That would be considered discriminating hiring. UPS is tracking your training progress. Nobody expects a new hire to work at the same speed as an experienced worker. They do expect you to work safely, follow instructions and make steady improvements. That way if you do not work out they have a paper trail to document why you were not kept. Also documents that the PT sup is training you properly and using the UPS methods. Refusing to sign training documents could make you appear immature and failing to follow instructions. Always pick your battles.
Cool thanks for the pointers

John Ericson

I'm finishing 8 week loading trailers and finally built up a pace but it still takes time.

Work safe and try to set a goal each night to increase some. They are supposed to be training you but that's wishful thinking.
I agree it does take time, we're you above the PPH rate when you first started?