New management rumor

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Purplepackage, May 15, 2016.

1. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Anyone else hear the new rumor from management that we are finally losing Amazon?

Not sure how much truth there is to that but they are apparently getting ready to lose a lot of saturday volume. Of course it could just be a ploy from them to cut sdr routes and overload others

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

It's been verified. True.

3. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Well maybe we'll stop giving away SDR to Amazon, our SDR ops have tripled the number of routes that use to go out. The Rts that run, currently run ~7hrs a day, can't see how they'd cut rtes here(unless losing AMAZON, which is probably close to 90% of the freight on SDR)

4. Purplepackage

Who knows if it's actually true, it's too hard to say. And with cutting routes I guess that just depends on where you are, I know certain express markets are always busy and never have enough routes going out

5. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

We were told a while back that we'd have less Amazon on SDR routes because of USPS delivering on Sundays too. That certainly hasn't cut our SDR volume at my station but who knows what Amazon can pull off. It takes quite a few drivers, routes and vehicles to replace what we/UPS do.

6. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

Is it just Saturday or losing them altogether?

7. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

Could it be that more is going to Ground given that it's in the process of merging Ground and Home delivery and switching to 6 days a week year round? Bezos and Smith will try anything.

8. Purplepackage

That could be but don't we generally just deliver prime anyway? Like the 1- 2 day shipping stuff

And if they phased it all to them the only day it would really effect us is Sdr. Most routes I cover there generally is very little Amazon on my truck to begin with

9. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Amazon leased 20 767 freighters a few months ago, and then leased 20 more recently. Atlas Air has been contracted to operate them, and Amazon has been trying to buy an entire airport in Europe.

10. Purplepackage

I can't wait to see where that takes them

11. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

It will probably be a major success. Amazon will use it's own fleet for upscale, higher profit services, and leave the offal to UPS and FedEx. In other words, Bezos will skim the cream off the top.

12. Purplepackage

FedEx and ups barely make a profit off of amazon as it is, the discounts they get are outrageous

13. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

They probably put a warehouse in your area and are now diverting it to the PO. That's how they roll.

14. Code 82 Approved

Code 82 Approved Titanium Plus+ Level Member

Of the 30 trucks FDX-G and HD I have overlooked in the last year, the Amazon may account for 5 pkgs/truck.

15. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

On my Express route I'd guess they are a good half of my 150 pieces each day.

16. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

I think the earlier comments are probably right. Bezos will take the easy metro and in town stuff At the same time who will handle his junk after it comes off the plane? Right now X , UPS and USPS are saying, " come see us Jeff when you discover the hard way that the whole world is not just one great big city".

17. Sparky

Sparky Member

This Saturday we were at 60% of our usual Saturday volume, which is mostly Amazon

18. Express Courier

Express Courier Active Member

They've been saying we are losing Amazon for several years now and it hasn't happened yet. I'd say Amazon makes up probably about 1/8 of the stuff on my rote.

19. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

20. fdxsux

fdxsux Member

I believe that about as much as I believe the rumor that we are going to top out in ten years.