New management rumor

Downwardspiral

We are losing SDR Amazon volume due to an error on their end. A number of Amazon warehouses were shipping Thur and Fri 1 or 2 day freight as SDR when it was supposed to be Mon commits. Amazon caught the error and told the warehouses costs would be coming out of local warehouse budgets. We were getting SDR freight that Amazon was paying for, but their end customers weren't.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We are losing SDR Amazon volume due to an error on their end. A number of Amazon warehouses were shipping Thur and Fri 1 or 2 day freight as SDR when it was supposed to be Mon commits. Amazon caught the error and told the warehouses costs would be coming out of local warehouse budgets. We were getting SDR freight that Amazon was paying for, but their end customers weren't.

Here's a rumor that is absolutely true. Our entire management team is severely retarded. Fact.
I think Amazon will eventually have a large fleet of planes, and Fred will be left with Jeff's used toilet paper.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Took 'em long enough to catch that mistake.

FedexCares

This is what we were just told at our station as well, except that it's going to also affect our volume during the week too. Now all the managers are in complete panic mode over our supposedly lighter numbers and are back to forcing an hour break on all couriers even if you run 130-140% of your rte on a normal basis.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This is what we were just told at our station as well, except that it's going to also affect our volume during the week too. Now all the managers are in complete panic mode over our supposedly lighter numbers and are back to forcing an hour break on all couriers even if you run 130-140% of your rte on a normal basis.
Yeah, they want this and they want that. Tell 'em you want your freight on time every day without excuses and maybe then you'll consider that hour break.

bacha29

Judging by the weak retail numbers coming out both on line as well as brick and mortar you guys could be in for a slow summer.

McFeely

Huge Member
Now all the managers are in complete panic mode over our supposedly lighter numbers and are back to forcing an hour break on all couriers even if you run 130-140% of your rte on a normal basis.

Guess who's coming back 30 minutes later for his PM sort position?

Purplepackage

If anything I've noticedMonday and tuesdays have become a lot busier than they used to be

Purplepackage

Judging by the weak retail numbers coming out both on line as well as brick and mortar you guys could be in for a slow summer.

Yeah a slow summer, the thing about summer is everyone is on vacation, people go out for injuries, there are never enough people to cover.

Basically swings make a lot of money in the summer

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Now all the managers are in complete panic mode over our supposedly lighter numbers and are back to forcing an hour break on all couriers even if you run 130-140% of your rte on a normal basis.

Forcing an hour break doesn't increase SPH. Faced with such a dumb mandate, I'd stop running 130-140%. You want me out there longer? Fine, I'll run 100% and soak up the OT.

McFeely

Huge Member
Forcing an hour break doesn't increase SPH. Faced with such a dumb mandate, I'd stop running 130-140%. You want me out there longer? Fine, I'll run 100% and soak up the OT.

Yup. I'm already running 110% on my route with what I take on road everyday. So today I made 100% and stayed out 30 min longer. Got back to the station later than usual and the CTV left late because of all the later-than-normal couriers. Ha!

And amazingly enough, my SPH didn't change at all.

dex 84

yet they still can't manage to keep the barcode off the seam on the box, making unreadable(but they did put the extra on the side as a work around instead of a fix.)

Except we lost the address label when they did that. Think of all the extra time spent typing addresses in by hand now...