New Management

UPSSOCKS

Wow I went down to the Hub today to observe a pre-sort meeting, and I was blown away. When I got there the part time management were wrestling in the office, throwing objects at each other, and screaming using vulgar language. Also more than half of them were wearing street clothes, things that they would go out drinking in. Some of them were not even clean shaved. Is this happening anywhere else?

UPSSOCKS

The other thing, the full time supervisors and the sort manager were just ignoring them. It was like no one cared what was going on.

brownrodster

Wow I went down to the Hub today to observe a pre-sort meeting, and I was blown away. When I got there the part time management were wrestling in the office, throwing objects at each other, and screaming using vulgar language. Also more than half of them were wearing street clothes, things that they would go out drinking in. Some of them were not even clean shaved. Is this happening anywhere else?

Your point? I spent many years dealing with unsupervised part time sups. They are the worst people I have ever worked with, ever.

What you describe is angelic behavior compared to what I witnessed my PT sups do.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Did someone say TROLL?
While I find socks funny, I do not think he/she is actually management nor do I believe anything he says.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Did someone say TROLL?
While I find socks funny, I do not think he/she is actually management nor do I believe anything he says.
Bingo!
If anyone does believe this guy, please shoot me a PM. I've got a deal on some beach front property that you are just gonna love.

UPSSOCKS

Did someone say TROLL?

Easy there don't jump the gun. What would make you believe I am not management. The fact that I asked a question about part time sups?

UPSSOCKS

When I was a part time sup, the full timers would make us stand on a desk and lift our pant legs up to see what color socks we had on, make sure we had white t-shirts on and check us with a card to see if we were clean shaved... DAILY!!!

That was the first pre sort I have been too in years. When I walk the building these sorry excuse for sups must of blended in with the hourlys.

brownIEman

When I was a part time sup, the full timers would make us stand on a desk and lift our pant legs up to see what color socks we had on, .

hate to be the one to break it to you, but they weren't checkin out your socks...

you sure this wasn't a diocese you were working in?

raceanoncr

Wow I went down to the Hub today to observe a pre-sort meeting, and I was blown. When I got there the part time management were wrestling in the office, throwing objects at each other, and screaming using vulgar language, I felt right at home. Also more than half of them were wearing street clothes, things that they would go out drinking in. Some of them were not even clean shaved. So then I secretely went in the CMs office and logged on as UPSSOCKS and got on BC. Is this happening anywhere else?

Geez, how much more of this do we have to endure?

raceanoncr

When I was a part time sup, the full timers would make us stand on a desk and lift our pant legs up to see what sex we were and check us with a probe... DAILY!!!

When I walk the building now, I just wink at these sorry excuse for sups

Yikes! Hello, Elton!!!!

KidUPS

Socks,

I've been reading a few of your post and have shared some sentiments with you on some of your thoughts..however..this post really makes me question whether or not you are truly a UPS management employee.

Assuming you are a full time management employee, I find it hard to believe that you did not take any initiative to put these supervisors in their place. You say you come from the Old Way of doing things...Well, as a young part time supervisor who takes pride in his job and work, I have always took some pleasure in hearing stories about supervisors back in the Old Days. I have heard older full timers tell stories of how they would send part time supervisors home if they came in unshaved, unpolished or uncollared. No need to explain to the supervisor, just pulling rank and sending them home knowing the supervisor's full timers would understand that an example had to be made. The same way a management employee can pull rank on a hourly, a management employee with more rank would basically make a supervisor work as directed.

But what did you do...? Or what do you do? Definitely not follow the UPS legacy book which guides all management employees to act as managers for the company and lead with integrity...instead...you come online and bash those part time supervisors for horse playing and looking sloppy. Well if I was standing in that same room, and taking the same approach as you as an "observer", I would come online and bash the frail full time management employee with brown UPS socks who witnessed all this and did nothing...because in my eyes (as an hourly or management, full time or part time), your inability as a "experienced" management employee to direct and lead would have me more concerned and discouraged then young supervisors messing around.

Their lack of professionalism could have been corrected had you, Johnny Old Days, would have took head to a few of Casey's parables...Instead nothing gets corrected and you bash fellow management employees who work in the trenches to make you money.

I call your bluff based off your actions.