New Management

D

Dis-organized Labor

Socks,
What are the colors of the 4 books usually given with your first Policy Book?

satellitedriver

When I was a part time sup, the full timers would make us stand on a desk and lift our pant legs up to see what color socks we had on, make sure we had white t-shirts on and check us with a card to see if we were clean shaved... DAILY!!!
Sounds more like Frat house hazing, than professional's being professional.
Did they also check your " BVD's" for that correct colored UPS brown stripe?
:surprised:
Bogus blather.

22.34life

If you really are full time management,a better question would be what would you have done if you walked in the hub office and hourly guys were doing this?I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are a full time sup., so to answer your question these part time sups now are horrible they dont tuck in their shirts,they dont were undershirts,their pants hang off their a**,they look like idiots and act the part too.They cuss like sailers and just dont act like managment is supposed to.Its really sad because these are the guys we are supposed to follow.

UPSSOCKS

Socks,

I've been reading a few of your post and have shared some sentiments with you on some of your thoughts..however..this post really makes me question whether or not you are truly a UPS management employee.

Assuming you are a full time management employee, I find it hard to believe that you did not take any initiative to put these supervisors in their place. You say you come from the Old Way of doing things...Well, as a young part time supervisor who takes pride in his job and work, I have always took some pleasure in hearing stories about supervisors back in the Old Days. I have heard older full timers tell stories of how they would send part time supervisors home if they came in unshaved, unpolished or uncollared. No need to explain to the supervisor, just pulling rank and sending them home knowing the supervisor's full timers would understand that an example had to be made. The same way a management employee can pull rank on a hourly, a management employee with more rank would basically make a supervisor work as directed.

But what did you do...? Or what do you do? Definitely not follow the UPS legacy book which guides all management employees to act as managers for the company and lead with integrity...instead...you come online and bash those part time supervisors for horse playing and looking sloppy. Well if I was standing in that same room, and taking the same approach as you as an "observer", I would come online and bash the frail full time management employee with brown UPS socks who witnessed all this and did nothing...because in my eyes (as an hourly or management, full time or part time), your inability as a "experienced" management employee to direct and lead would have me more concerned and discouraged then young supervisors messing around.

Their lack of professionalism could have been corrected had you, Johnny Old Days, would have took head to a few of Casey's parables...Instead nothing gets corrected and you bash fellow management employees who work in the trenches to make you money.

I call your bluff based off your actions.

Well squirt,

Where I work if you send someone else's employees home, then you have to replace them. I was in the hub to discuss left in buildings with the hub guys. I don't care what they wear or what they look like. All I want from them is LIB's to go away.

brownIEman

Well squirt,

Where I work if you send someone else's employees home, then you have to replace them. I was in the hub to discuss left in buildings with the hub guys. I don't care what they wear or what they look like. All I want from them is LIB's to go away.

I am confused. LIB's are a preload and or center issue. What exactly were you going to ask the hub to do to "make them go away"?

KidUPS

Well squirt,

Where I work, full time management employees have the courage to put part time supervisors in their place.

brownrodster

Well squirt,

I got a whistle to blow for you. A lot of our LIB's are from sups who travel out to drivers to collect missloads and bring them back to the building to become a LIB.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got a whistle to blow for you. A lot of our LIB's are from sups who travel out to drivers to collect missloads and bring them back to the building to become a LIB.

I had one of these on Thursday. I used the new misload text message upgrade and told them where I would be leaving the misload, which happened to be paychecks for a business an hour away. The air driver met me and took the checks back to the center and I assumed they would then be delivered. When I got back to the center that night the checks were still sitting there with LIB written on the PAL. I hope the employees at that business have direct deposit.

UPSSOCKS

I am confused. LIB's are a preload and or center issue. What exactly were you going to ask the hub to do to "make them go away"?

What UPS do you work for? LIB's are a UPS issue.How do you figure they are just a preload or center issue? You are obviously not an IE person, and if you are talk to your OE person they will she some light on the hot topic of LIB's. Inbound loads contain air pieces that need to be moved to airports. Package fdrivers aren't the only ones who pick up air pieces.

ol'browneye

I don't know about LIB's but I know I work at a satelite and if there is a misload on our trailer, our center management doesn't worry too much about it. It doesn't go against the center numbers, it goes against the hub. We have had a whole tote box of misloaded NDA sit in our trailer all day and our center wouldn't do anything about it. It wasn't their problem. It may be a UPS issue, but as long as it isn't "our" problem and doesn't affect "our" centers numbers, nobody cares!