New Manager, new time allowance

wornoutupser

The last two runs that were studied added over 2 hours each. Our building has major problems with the DOL being incorect and most area numbers are wrong. This place is a blast!

Griff

The numbers and allowances are changed for SOME people. I'll give you a nice story to disprove all the people claiming otherwise. One of the runners in our center routinely gets 3-3.5 hrs of bonus. He noticed his bonus start to dwindle little by little over 2 weeks until he was down to about 50 clicks of bonus. Needless to say he was furious, so he told the center manager he would not be bidding on it again. Very shortly after that talk he was back to his 3-4hrs of bonus. What a coincidence, I guess we should chalk it up to a modern miracle. This isn't some tall tale from the locker room, I know this guy real well and he showed me his paychecks.

Edit -- So it makes more sense as to why they would accommodate him I will give you some insight on the route. Nobody else in the center can run bonus on the route. The route has been turned into hell on earth (far too many stops) because of his running and skipping breaks. No one in the center wants to bid it and he's the only one who can handle it -- so he has management in a corner. If he bid off the route I'm almost positive they would have to add an entire new route next to it.

The whole thing is a joke and that's why the union wants nothing to do with the bonus system or UPS's time studies/allowances in general. You're represented by the union and the union does not recognize the numbers, it's that simple.

Last edited:

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
Thank you GRIFF!!:peaceful:

I thought the whole world was against me!!!

ps I think you earned some rep points!!!:funny:

pss by the way i dont think my route was ever time studied!

tieguy

Banned
I don't think anyone was against you. they may have disagreed with you on this one point but they were hardly against you.

Griff saying that he saw something was fixed does not necessarily make it so. If griff is right then he should immediately call the 1800 number and report this theft of time. Lets see if he has the honor and integrity to do so or hems and haws.

Griff

I don't think anyone was against you. they may have disagreed with you on this one point but they were hardly against you.

Griff saying that he saw something was fixed does not necessarily make it so. If griff is right then he should immediately call the 1800 number and report this theft of time. Lets see if he has the honor and integrity to do so or hems and haws.

You know Tie, I've heard it all (I think) and nothing you say is a first for me. Everything you say here comes off as very scripted and by the manual. Why don't you use your brain and stop reciting your training for once. I find it funny that you associate honor and integrity with making a phone call. Those virtues go a lot deeper than UPS, I know that's a hard concept for you to grasp since you probably think UPS invented the two. My honor and integrity will always be there, long after I'm not dressed in brown. How do you know the 1800 number wasn't already called?

Make sure to spread your rep around so you can give me negative feedback on this post too. I hope you put me in the red single-handedly. It will be a moral victory for you and your friends that have integrity and honor -- or at least repeat the words all the time (same thing, right?).

tieguy

Banned
You know Tie, I've heard it all (I think) and nothing you say is a first for me. Everything you say here comes off as very scripted and by the manual. Why don't you use your brain and stop reciting your training for once. I find it funny that you associate honor and integrity with making a phone call. Those virtues go a lot deeper than UPS, I know that's a hard concept for you to grasp since you probably think UPS invented the two. My honor and integrity will always be there, long after I'm not dressed in brown. How do you know the 1800 number wasn't already called?

Make sure to spread your rep around so you can give me negative feedback on this post too. I hope you put me in the red single-handedly. It will be a moral victory for you and your friends that have integrity and honor -- or at least repeat the words all the time (same thing, right?).

like I said loser he will either call it in or hem and haw. Hem and haw I got.

Griff

like I said loser he will either call it in or hem and haw. Hem and haw I got.

Exactly what I thought you'd say. Already have your mind made up about what has occurred. Don't look for the truth, don't hear anyones side, you already know what happened. Anyone that has ever been pulled into the office knows these tactics all too well. All that's missing is another manager replying to me at the same time (2vs1). Your UPS manager manual must be right next to your keyboard. I'm in the office more than you and I'm a driver, this is amateur hour stuff.

Pathetic, really.

Tie, who are you claiming to be the time thief?

trickpony1

tieguy does spread the negative rep around. I got some from him recently, not once but twice.
I get to see management's version of honesty(?), integrity(?) and honor(?) frequently at my hub.
One could easily assume that tieguy has an agenda.

tieguy

Banned
I'll give you a nice story to disprove all the people claiming otherwise. One of the runners in our center routinely gets 3-3.5 hrs of bonus. He noticed his bonus start to dwindle little by little over 2 weeks until he was down to about 50 clicks of bonus. Needless to say he was furious, so he told the center manager he would not be bidding on it again. Very shortly after that talk he was back to his 3-4hrs of bonus. What a coincidence, I guess we should chalk it up to a modern miracle. This isn't some tall tale from the locker room, I know this guy real well and he showed me his paychecks.

Edit -- So it makes more sense as to why they would accommodate him I will give you some insight on the route. Nobody else in the center can run bonus on the route. .

Tie, who are you claiming to be the time thief?

Trplnkl read above . Griff claims to know someone being paid dishonestly. I challenged him to call the 1 800 number and have it investigated. Of course I get nothing but guff in response. typical.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of the earlier posters stated that he thought that double tripping may have had an effect on the time allowance. I have found that the days that I have to double trip (late air, bulk, left in bldg) my allowance goes up as I make sure to take credit for both trips in the DIAD.

Griff

Trplnkl read above . Griff claims to know someone being paid dishonestly. I challenged him to call the 1 800 number and have it investigated. Of course I get nothing but guff in response. typical.

Your ego and alleged righteousness are really comical to me. "Challenging" me and goading me over the internet to call the corporate 1-800 number, really laughable. By the way, who made you the sultan of integrity and honor? I asked you how do you know the 1-800 number wasn't already called. You never bothered to respond to that, rather just flap your jaw about how right you are about me being a dishonest person (shocker).

tieguy

Banned
Your ego and alleged righteousness are really comical to me. "Challenging" me and goading me over the internet to call the corporate 1-800 number, really laughable. By the way, who made you the sultan of integrity and honor? I asked you how do you know the 1-800 number wasn't already called. You never bothered to respond to that, rather just flap your jaw about how right you are about me being a dishonest person (shocker).

I'm sorry Griff I don't play ring around the bushes. Did you call the LP folks and tell them you saw the thieves paychecks and all as you posted. Or did you just tell us another story here to tell us how screwed up this company is. If you have something to say then say it. If not then continue on with your hem and haw routine.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
ok I give another example lets suppose, a certain center gets a chance to vote bonus out. Isn't amazing how the allowances go up all of a sudden, people start making more bonus or all of sudden start. Stuff like this insults my intelligence, so i dont want to hear about time studies not being manipulated. Dont insult me anymore!

Griff

I'm sorry Griff I don't play ring around the bushes. Did you call the LP folks and tell them you saw the thieves paychecks and all as you posted. Or did you just tell us another story here to tell us how screwed up this company is. If you have something to say then say it. If not then continue on with your hem and haw routine.

Do you even hear yourself? You are so brainwashed that you can't even see the forest for the trees. HE ISN'T THE THIEF, HE WAS BEING STOLEN FROM OVER THE COURSE OF 2 WEEKS. They broke his numbers because some beancounter obviously didn't like paying someone 3.5hrs of bonus everyday. The 1-800 # was called and the center manager has since been transfered elsewhere in the district (no idea if it was related), the entire event happened years ago. This is my final post ever talking to you directly, you're highly ignorant and a waste of my time.

Griff

ok I give another example lets suppose, a certain center gets a chance to vote bonus out. Isn't amazing how the allowances go up all of a sudden, people start making more bonus or all of sudden start. Stuff like this insults my intelligence, so i dont want to hear about time studies not being manipulated. Dont insult me anymore!

They act as if time studies are stored away in some def-con level5 maximum security database and only direct descendants of Jim Casey have access to them. Get real people, these numbers are toyed with nonstop and they are meaningless to anyone who pays union dues and doesn't run all day. The prime example is your allowance during peak, have you ever seen such bullcrap? Why do you think all the breakskippers and runners play hardball and try to refuse a helper -- it absolutely crushes your allowance. This year a lot of the "bonus boys" stopped all their retarded running and lunch skipping because UPS forced them to pickup a helper even though they were going to be in under 9.5. Gee, I wonder why they would do that, let me think...oh ya, it's to steal their bonus. What can I say, I'm a fast learner.

BONUS SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM EVERY CENTER NATIONWIDE. <- period

Last edited:
Oh Tie, I did read and reread above.You still didn't answer my question. Could that have been an intentional avoidance? Griff does a good job of explaining below why I asked in the first place. Thanks Griff.

originally posted by Griff ...HE ISN'T THE THIEF, HE WAS BEING STOLEN FROM OVER THE COURSE OF 2 WEEKS. They broke his numbers because some beancounter obviously didn't like paying someone 3.5hrs of bonus everyday.

tieguy

Banned
Do you even hear yourself? You are so brainwashed that you can't even see the forest for the trees. HE ISN'T THE THIEF, HE WAS BEING STOLEN FROM OVER THE COURSE OF 2 WEEKS. They broke his numbers because some beancounter obviously didn't like paying someone 3.5hrs of bonus everyday. The 1-800 # was called and the center manager has since been transfered elsewhere in the district (no idea if it was related), the entire event happened years ago. This is my final post ever talking to you directly, you're highly ignorant and a waste of my time.

So by your own admission you still don't know if the numbers were in any way manipulated but that did not stop you from spouting off as if they were. I rest my case on your final admission.

pretzel_man

They act as if time studies are stored away in some def-con level5 maximum security database and only direct descendants of Jim Casey have access to them. Get real people, these numbers are toyed with nonstop and they are meaningless to anyone who pays union dues and doesn't run all day. The prime example is your allowance during peak, have you ever seen such bullcrap? Why do you think all the breakskippers and runners play hardball and try to refuse a helper -- it absolutely crushes your allowance. This year a lot of the "bonus boys" stopped all their retarded running and lunch skipping because UPS forced them to pickup a helper even though they were going to be in under 9.5. Gee, I wonder why they would do that, let me think...oh ya, it's to steal their bonus. What can I say, I'm a fast learner.

BONUS SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM EVERY CENTER NATIONWIDE. <- period

Griff,

I've updated allowances countless times. While there is no maximum security database, I know that every edit is recorded and audited.

I also know that even if someone wanted to take the chance by manipulating allowances, it is impossible to do it in the manner you suggest.

Allowances are not recorded by individual. In hubs its by ares. In feeder its by location and leg. In package its by defined area. I am aware of no operation where its recorded by individual.

Now on the other hand, there are ways to increase planned time (inappropriately). Padding stops, miles, packages, etc.

These offences would get someone terminated and have seen it happen many times.

I don't know what happened in the case you mention, but I'm 100% certain that no one changed an allowance for an individual. They could not do it even if they wanted.

P-Man