Big Babooba

The last US plane to have a tail gunner was what the B29 to go out of service just post ww2?

Like Scratch said it was the B52 which first entered service in the mid 1950s. Tail gunners on BUFFs sat in the tail except for the G and H models where they fired the guns remotely from the crew compartment. Two B52 tail gunners were credited with kills during the Vietnam War.

But they havent had a tail gunner back there since the invent of the SAM sites
Actually the tail guns were eliminated in 1991, 19 years after the first BUFF was shot down by a SAM in 1972.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Like Scratch said it was the B52 which first entered service in the mid 1950s. Tail gunners on BUFFs sat in the tail except for the G and H models where they fired the guns remotely from the crew compartment. Two B52 tail gunners were credited with kills during the Vietnam War.

Actually the tail guns were eliminated in 1991, 19 years after the first BUFF was shot down by a SAM in 1972.

Dusted drewed's butt, I'd say.
Remind me to never get in a debate with you on military aircraft.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Lately I've been on the middle line (on preload it's divided up the opposite way, with the nearest half to the sort aisle the green belt and the further half the orange belt) but my usual is the red belt, with a PDC on door 60 and an MDU on door 53 :( I loaded on the green belt for most of my loading career, coincidentally on twilight as well. How long have you been with UPS?

I've worked at the Spokane Hub for the last...5 1/2 years. I was on preload for a couple of years in between (started on days after my transfer from Portland) and have been on twilight for the last 2 or so. I worked on the green for a while on preload. How about you? You know we probably know each other and can't place each other by names. ***** ****** here.

Last edited by a moderator:

dc_sniper9130

Tailgunner
**** ******. Yeah we probably do know each other. I was hired in June of '07 onto twi and loaded on the green until april, then i crashed my motorcycle and was off injured for four months. I came back in july and went back to the green, but then for the last month or so I was on before I got promoted ***** stuck me on the blue belt. How is he btw? and inklings as to who's gonna take his spot in january?

sortaisle

**** ******. Yeah we probably do know each other. I was hired in June of '07 onto twi and loaded on the green until april, then i crashed my motorcycle and was off injured for four months. I came back in july and went back to the green, but then for the last month or so I was on before I got promoted ***** stuck me on the blue belt. How is he btw? and inklings as to who's gonna take his spot in january?

Your name is definitely familiar.

705red

Browncafe Steward
You guys should really pm ecah other someones name, not sure if they would mind their names being thrown around in an open forum like this. You dont want to say that they are good sups they might get canned for that!

sortaisle

You guys should really pm ecah other someones name, not sure if they would mind their names being thrown around in an open forum like this. You dont want to say that they are good sups they might get canned for that!

agreed, I just pm'd him a few minutes ago...i'll edit my post for names. Thanks