Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Hello everyone-

I just got my call to come in and do a road test next week for a Reg-temp driver so I'm getting myself prepared. The forums have been a great resource I wanted to thank you for all the information on the website.

If the road test goes well, what is the wait period between the test and being sent off to training? I live reasonably close to Landover so I'm thinking I'll be sent to Integrad.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hello everyone-

I just got my call to come in and do a road test next week for a Reg-temp driver so I'm getting myself prepared. The forums have been a great resource I wanted to thank you for all the information on the website.

If the road test goes well, what is the wait period between the test and being sent off to training? I live reasonably close to Landover so I'm thinking I'll be sent to Integrad.
Good luck Anal Bum Cover.

BrownArmy

I've done a road test where the guy went the next day and others where it's a few weeks. All depends on when the class is and how bad they need you.

This.

I took the road test, waited two weeks, went to 'class', then waited three weeks to drive.

Haven't stopped driving since.

If there's anything you need to do during business hours, do it now.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
This.

I took the road test, waited two weeks, went to 'class', then waited three weeks to drive.

Haven't stopped driving since.

If there's anything you need to do during business hours, do it now.
Mine was weird. They brought up out of the blue on Thursday, did the paperwork Friday, road test Saturday, in class Monday, and on road Thursday. Came out of nowhere.

BrownArmy

Mine was weird. They brought up out of the blue on Thursday, did the paperwork Friday, road test Saturday, in class Monday, and on road Thursday. Came out of nowhere.

Were you a sup before that?

I was an off-street hire, albeit with ten years of truck driving beforehand.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Were you a sup before that?

I was an off-street hire, albeit with ten years of truck driving beforehand.
Yeah. Originally I wasn't supposed to go for another 6 months. They were training me to do the small feeder aircraft audit and we hit a piece of paper that said "Can demonstrate safe operation of vehicle on airport ramp." ORS leaned back and yelled into the center manager's office and said "Hey he has to go to driver school to do this." center manager yelled back "Send him on Monday then." and off I went.

The way this company works is funny.

BrownArmy

Yeah. Originally I wasn't supposed to go for another 6 months. They were training me to do the small feeder aircraft audit and we hit a piece of paper that said "Can demonstrate safe operation of vehicle on airport ramp." ORS leaned back and yelled into the center manager's office and said "Hey he has to go to driver school to do this." center manager yelled back "Send him on Monday then." and off I went.

The way this company works is funny.

Well, you got fast-tracked.

After completing the week-long 'class' (not Integrad), I called the center manager every day for almost three weeks before he said come in.

And then it was GO GO GO, and now if I ask for a day off it's like I'm asking them if they want to watch me strangle a puppy.

Yes, the way this company works is funny-strange.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Well, you got fast-tracked.

After completing the week-long 'class' (not Integrad), I called the center manager every day for almost three weeks before he said come in.

And then it was GO GO GO, and now if I ask for a day off it's like I'm asking them if they want to watch me strangle a puppy.

Yes, the way this company works is funny-strange.
I'm thankful I didn't have to do that Integrad BS. Though my new center manager says I will have to go, woohoo....