New members should not be

H

htown0721

allowed anytime from Thanksgiving to Christmas, I am tired of seeing helper post. Then again maybe I am spending to much time on here...

barnyard

KTM rider
Brown Cafe needs to have a 'closed period' that coincides with UPS' free period. That would cover helpers, temp driver's and the ilk.

In another thread, someone suggested that I do not like PTers or new people. Not true at all. I think that noobs add spice to the cafe. Unfortunately, many of then noobs will be 1-5 post wonders, never to be seen again. I think we will succeed without that.

But that's just me.

H

htown0721

yes. heaven forbid the helpers (good ones that know their s1it) that make your job easier at peak from posting.

I am a part time sup so actually anything that makes sense over complicates things haha. However, all it takes is a little searching and I guarantee it has already been answered multiple times. Honestly, why would somebody care so much about a seasonal job at such a low wage? I understand some maybe trying to get into the hub/center but I've done it before, basically do what the driver says...pretty brainless work. If you have questions ask your driver.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My understanding is that Brown Cafe is an Internet forum for UPS employees.

Peak season helpers are UPS employees. Their questions, observations and opinions are every bit as relevant as those of a long term employee. I see no reason why they should not be allowed to post on this forum. One of the nice features about an Internet forum is that its members have the freedom to participate or not participate in a thread according to their own personal preferences. If you find a thread to be boring or redundant or irrelevant...you can simply move on.

wayfair

swollen member

Peak season helpers are UPS employees. Their questions, observations and opinions are every bit as relevant as those of a long term employee. I see no reason why they should not be allowed to post on this forum. One of the nice features about an Internet forum is that its members have the freedom to participate or not participate in a thread according to their own personal preferences. If you find a thread to be boring or redundant or irrelevant...you can simply move on.
absolutely....

but with forums, you get trolls...

H

htown0721

Personally, I feel people should ask their driver first then come here do a quick search and then if they cannot find a answer post the question. But like I said earlier I am management so anything makes sense is a little confusing to us. haha numbers before safety and service is our secret motto. just kidding....sort of

barnyard

KTM rider
Way back when I found it, it was linked in a Motley Fool discussion board. Back then, there was a delightful mix of bosses and drivers. We talked about investing, good ideas, bad ideas and things that made things go better.

This year, helpers seem to be clogging the drain. 10ish years ago, it was people that could not figure out what kind of work shoes to buy. New thread a couple of times a week. It was ridiculous.

I come and go. I get sick of the noob barrage and go away for a while. I come back and see of the old faces and am bummed that I left.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
There are too many helper threads, it seems like half of the threads below this one are about helpers. It is that time of the year, with eleven working days left, these threads will die off in a couple of weeks. While I appreciate that new people come to this forum, I can understand how the longtime members get tired of the repetitive questions over and over. As a moderator, I know that it is possible to "Merge" simular threads into one thread. If we created just a Helper Forum, I don't think that would be the answer because threads would still be started in other forums. I am presently of the mindset that maybe we just need to be a little patient, this little problem will pass soon. Just my two cents worth..

barnyard

KTM rider

Voice of reason.

You are harshen mah buzz.

Ideliver

I am a part time sup so actually anything that makes sense over complicates things haha. However, all it takes is a little searching and I guarantee it has already been answered multiple times. Honestly, why would somebody care so much about a seasonal job at such a low wage? I understand some maybe trying to get into the hub/center but I've done it before, basically do what the driver says...pretty brainless work. If you have questions ask your driver.

You are a sup and part time at that so I would think you rank lower on the pole than a p/t teamster on this board. Heck u might rank lower than a driver helper at peak. Yeah, it's brainless work. I have asked my driver all the questions I needed too and have got the answers. I just do the same job for 6 weeks at a 1/4 the pay.

H

htown0721

There are too many helper threads, it seems like half of the threads below this one are about helpers. It is that time of the year, with eleven working days left, these threads will die off in a couple of weeks. While I appreciate that new people come to this forum, I can understand how the longtime members get tired of the repetitive questions over and over. As a moderator, I know that it is possible to "Merge" simular threads into one thread. If we created just a Helper Forum, I don't think that would be the answer because threads would still be started in other forums. I am presently of the mindset that maybe we just need to be a little patient, this little problem will pass soon. Just my two cents worth..

Patience...what does this word mean? I cannot find it anywhere in the supervisor handbook..hahaha

wayfair

swollen member
Way back when I found it, it was linked in a Motley Fool discussion board. Back then, there was a delightful mix of bosses and drivers. We talked about investing, good ideas, bad ideas and things that made things go better.

This year, helpers seem to be clogging the drain. 10ish years ago, it was people that could not figure out what kind of work shoes to buy. New thread a couple of times a week. It was ridiculous.

I come and go. I get sick of the noob barrage and go away for a while. I come back and see of the old faces and am bummed that I left.

that's cool.. I'm a member of a few boards and can understand.
hopefully this will pull a little more interest, ya know?