New negotiations update from TDU

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
While politically, TDU is always at odds with the general membership, they do HOWEVER, provide good communications of information.

Cut them some slack, they are out front with information and can be a useful tool for members. Leave the politics out of the debate at this time, and just appreciate the information.

Give them credit for giving us the information the International waits until the last minute to give us.

I am not a TDU supporter, but thats a political decision and not a judgement on what they provide.

We need to be united at this point in our contract year and continued divisiveness only hurts us and doesnt project the unity we need to win a strong contract.

Peace

TOS

stink219

I posted this in another forum, so apologies if it comes off harsh. It isn't directed at anyone here:

Ken P is praying on the fears of the weak with his pyramid scheme. Any organization that divides us is the antithesis of Teamster! He is so against multiple salaries yet he collects multiple salaries himself and hides his LM2's. He's so for the "democratic" process of electing officials, when was the last time he held a TDU executive election...NEVER. He and his executives are not even Teamsters. He hasn't paid dues since 1974. I could go on for days about the research I've done on that antiunion social communistic organization of Termites Destroying Unions. Ask yourself one question......What is Paff's vested interest in pursuing TDU. He can't be IBT president cuz he isn't a Teamster, so it's not Power. So it must be money! I could go further into the facts about tdu run locals and how they have an amazing failure rate. Contradictions on them reporting assumptions opposed to facts. The facts on they don't report on their own corruption or mob ties. My opinion of them are not to reflect the worker that may follow them. I just feel that they divide us as a union and that it's Ken P's cash cow.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I posted this in another forum, so apologies if it comes off harsh. It isn't directed at anyone here:

Ken P is praying on the fears of the weak with his pyramid scheme. Any organization that divides us is the antithesis of Teamster! He is so against multiple salaries yet he collects multiple salaries himself and hides his LM2's. He's so for the "democratic" process of electing officials, when was the last time he held a TDU executive election...NEVER. He and his executives are not even Teamsters. He hasn't paid dues since 1974. I could go on for days about the research I've done on that antiunion social communistic organization of Termites Destroying Unions. Ask yourself one question......What is Paff's vested interest in pursuing TDU. He can't be IBT president cuz he isn't a Teamster, so it's not Power. So it must be money! I could go further into the facts about tdu run locals and how they have an amazing failure rate. Contradictions on them reporting assumptions opposed to facts. The facts on they don't report on their own corruption or mob ties. My opinion of them are not to reflect the worker that may follow them. I just feel that they divide us as a union and that it's Ken P's cash cow.
This sounds like most union "boss" parasites, I'm not sure the distinction.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

Stink219,
I apologize for being blunt, but most of us don't care about your opinion of TDU -- please stop thread crapping. Regardless of your feelings of the organization, it's often an excellent source of information for hourly UPSers.

slantnosechevy

While politically, TDU is always at odds with the general membership, they do HOWEVER, provide good communications of information.

Cut them some slack, they are out front with information and can be a useful tool for members. Leave the politics out of the debate at this time, and just appreciate the information.

Give them credit for giving us the information the International waits until the last minute to give us.

I am not a TDU supporter, but thats a political decision and not a judgement on what they provide.

We need to be united at this point in our contract year and continued divisiveness only hurts us and doesnt project the unity we need to win a strong contract.

Peace

TOS

You know absolutely nothing about negotiations and neither does Ken P. He makes a living off spewing his speculative views on the weak and uninformed. The company and union have not discussed monetary proposals yet on the National level or at the Local(who negotiate separate)level. It's merely speculation on TDU's part. Besides everything in your contract and it's suppliments are open for discussion at every negotiation. You need to just slow down and quit fueling the conspiricy thoughts until that final best offer has been made by both parties. There's a long way to go yet. Between Feeder rumors and TDU I don't know which is more detrimental to over all morale. They're like old ladies on a party line back in the day.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Post 5 is a direct response to post 4. Who are you, the "post" police?

No, I'm not the "post" police but I do appreciate information, regardless of the source. This is the second thread that credited its content to TDU in which Stink219 posted his opinion of the organization. We don't care.

UPSER110

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'm not a tdu supporter. I got info 4 wks ago about the contract. W them. The teamsters just held info rallies this wkend. I feel we should all get a e mail asap. Like an hr away from the table. They want member support .Why the brownout? We need to know no matter. Get us the info. No way should we wait. BA comes to our tiny center 2 X's a yr. And yes. I do share all info w my fellow teamsters

UPSER110

Not to be rude, but are you high?

haha no maybe I worded that wrong.... If the part timers get word that the company wants to take away the $1 skilled pay, they will start to care more about the upcoming contract. In turn they will come together more and vote NO if it would come to that. Part timers votes count too, and if we want something to happen everyone needs to vote for a better contract.

"Hey new part timer are you happy with your starting pay of 8.50?" - NO!
"Are you happy that the company wants you to start paying for your insurance?" -NO!
"Are you happy that the company wants to take away your $1 skilled pay?" NO!
"Are you happy with a 4 year progression?" - No!

Then get out an get involved, tell your co workers whats going on, and how your vote can make a difference, the company made billions of dollars!

stink219

Post 5 is a direct response to post 4. Who are you, the "post" police?

No, I'm not the "post" police but I do appreciate information, regardless of the source. This is the second thread that credited its content to TDU in which Stink219 posted his opinion of the organization. We don't care.
No, YOU don't care. Never said it wasn't a source of info. But I'll be damned if you think I'll adhere to your request. Your speaking for yourself, not everyone. I think there are a lot of anti TDUers on this site. I was asked my opinion on why I didn't like them. This site is all about opinions. It's obvious that its a sensitive subject for you. I guess it's ok for tdu to post negativity about our union but I get crap for doing it against tdu? You can get your info from any source you want. INTHEGAME understood where my post was in an answer to another, but you were too busy seething with obvious contempt in order to stifle me. That will never happen!

stink219

Peace

TOS

You know absolutely nothing about negotiations and neither does Ken P. He makes a living off spewing his speculative views on the weak and uninformed. The company and union have not discussed monetary proposals yet on the National level or at the Local(who negotiate separate)level. It's merely speculation on TDU's part. Besides everything in your contract and it's suppliments are open for discussion at every negotiation. You need to just slow down and quit fueling the conspiricy thoughts until that final best offer has been made by both parties. There's a long way to go yet. Between Feeder rumors and TDU I don't know which is more detrimental to over all morale. They're like old ladies on a party line back in the day.
Great post!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Would you apply this "same" logic to CEO's who sit on multiple boards of other corporations and drawing the "same" multiple salaries? This business practice has been around for years in both the corporate world and the Union world, and yet, you only are critical of the union?

There are CEO's making TENS of MILLIONS of dollars each year collecting salaries from multiple companies just for attending a few meetings a year, how does this sit with you?

TENS of MILLIONS of dollars while they are cutting employees pay, healthcare, benefits and job security, and yet, you complain about Ken P?

Get your nonsense straight.

peace

TOS