New Orion loading policy

S

selfcancelsignal

Ahhh...but of course. And policy handed down from Jabba..our 400 lb Divisional manager....he'd have himself a heart attack buttoning his pants...lol
Is every DM this size? Ours is too. LMAO!

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

S

selfcancelsignal

At the pcm this morning...our DM (who's rarely in before the sun rises) told us that starting next week, all loaders must write HIN #'s on every package they load....shelves and floor. No more peeling PAL stickers and sticking them on the ends of boxes. All employees who fail to follow this procedure will be subject to discipline. I asked how, seeing that one of the 8 keys of the DOK is get a firm grip on the package....how are we supposed to loading safely with a crayon in our hand? Cue the imfamous management blank stare...meeting adjourned...lol.
I take this works well w/ add cuts. A rainbow of PAL # chicken scratches.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My loader is great, soon going driving I am going to cry., but happy for him. Sad that he is going to hate it. Although the last loader was good. Most of my bad pkgs, are bad pals, rarely do I have misloads.
I was a preloader, I was a preload sup. There is a reason it is a part time job, it is hard work.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If you want to see how smooth it runs when you manage yourself, look what you drivers do while you are waiting for the preload to go down.

All stand together on the belt pulling packages for your individual car. How about one pulls for every 2-3 while others load stack outs and check for mis-loads then switch.

Yeah, so if we wanted to be loaders we'd bid a 22.3 job. If the preload is managed so poorly that they want to pay top driver OT pay to us, rather than pay the part time loaders $10 an hour, I'll help load my own truck, but I'm certainly not going to walk around looking for packages that should be at the truck or load other drivers' trucks.

I used to end up loading my own damn truck everyday because the preload sups knew I'd do it to get out of the building so they'd cut some of the loaders early. I finally smartened up and when I'd come to the truck and it wasn't loaded, I'd head to the bathroom to work on my DOKs. After a few days of the load sitting and me leaving really late they stopped cutting the loaders and I went back to helping the loaders.

wayfair

swollen member
Yeah, so if we wanted to be loaders we'd bid a 22.3 job. If the preload is managed so poorly that they want to pay top driver OT pay to us, rather than pay the part time loaders $10 an hour, I'll help load my own truck, but I'm certainly not going to walk around looking for packages that should be at the truck or load other drivers' trucks.

I used to end up loading my own damn truck everyday because the preload sups knew I'd do it to get out of the building so they'd cut some of the loaders early. I finally smartened up and when I'd come to the truck and it wasn't loaded, I'd head to the bathroom to work on my DOKs. After a few days of the load sitting and me leaving really late they stopped cutting the loaders and I went back to helping the loaders.
can't get on the 9.5 that way, one or the other..

PT Car Washer

I wish more drivers were as smart as you.