new p/c

retired2000

any one in the upstate ny area get new cars in the last week or so? i drove by the ups hub in syr and saw a bunch of new ones just sitting there. also there were a few old ones sitting on flatbeds waiting to be takend away. they even took off the tires how cheap can they get.

thom1842

I hope we get some new trucks soon, we are losing 'em like crazy. I think we just had 10 of our PCs sent for destruction (out of only 40-ish). The only good news is that 7 of them were old P-50s.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
all those cars are going to be scrap. UPS does not take the risk of anyone getting hurt in old package cars and that is why they dont resell them. they will all be scrapped. of course they take off the tires, those were probably in good shape.

explain your "cheap" comment. wouldn't that save costs? duh.

bluehdmc

When UPS get through with a vehicle the only thing it is good for is scrap. They might have taken the tires off for clearance reasons for the flatbed. They remove the fairings from tractors for that reason. As far as cheap??????? I've seen them remove taillamps, etc from vehicles, I don't know pay a mechanic $29 an hour to remove tail lamp assy, put it up on the shelf, for what a $3 tail lamp? I've gotten one of these "recycled" lamps and had it burn out the next day.

dragracer66

all those cars are going to be scrap. UPS does not take the risk of anyone getting hurt in old package cars and that is why they dont resell them. they will all be scrapped. of course they take off the tires, those were probably in good shape.

explain your "cheap" comment. wouldn't that save costs? duh.
We do sell tractors now. That just started last year....

Cementups

Box Monkey
We got a couple new 14's in our building recently. They are zero-idle vehicles. No emissions I suppose. I just know i will never have one. way too big a vehicle for my area.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
We got a couple new 14's in our building recently. They are zero-idle vehicles. No emissions I suppose. I just know i will never have one. way too big a vehicle for my area.

You can have mine and my mall route! It seems like in my center they're assigning them to the drivers who don't need them. Oh well...

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
You can have mine and my mall route! It seems like in my center they're assigning them to the drivers who don't need them. Oh well...

they usually give the new trucks to rural and country routes, i'm told so they can put the mileage on them, in turn getting better gas mileage and also allowing the city drivers who dont drive as much take the higher mileage trucks.

or, it's just to screw the drivers who need new trucks

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
they usually give the new trucks to rural and country routes, i'm told so they can put the mileage on them, in turn getting better gas mileage and also allowing the city drivers who dont drive as much take the higher mileage trucks.

or, it's just to screw the drivers who need new trucks

Thank you SO much for your response and smart-ass remark. My day is now complete! Give me more information I didn't ask for oh great UPS sales guy! I already know the truck shuffle game.

DorkHead

any one in the upstate ny area get new cars in the last week or so? i drove by the ups hub in syr and saw a bunch of new ones just sitting there. also there were a few old ones sitting on flatbeds waiting to be takend away. they even took off the tires how cheap can they get.

Yes, I received a new 700. It had 600 miles on the odometer. Replaced my old 800 that I had for 22 years. Sweeeeeeet!!

TheDick

We just got 4 new p10's with cummins/turbos but no lic. plates so their they sit. When they're ready we'll send 4 of our CRAPPPY p10's up to Washington state. Thanks god those cars cost so much money to maintain.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I just bought my wife a new PC off of Overstock.com.
Actually it was refurbished ... good price ($214) and the best thing was it came with Windows XP rather than Vista.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thank you SO much for your response and smart-ass remark. My day is now complete! Give me more information I didn't ask for oh great UPS sales guy! I already know the truck shuffle game.

Little grumpy today aren't we ... maybe a good night's sleep will help. :wink2:

Saw an automotive presentation that they are testing key FOBs for new PC. Starts PC remotely and open rear/bulkhead doors. They're justifying by saying it will going to save on average 5min per day.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
2 yrs ago we had our whole fleet replaced. All P700. Except for our 4 P1000. About a month ago we got 6 new P 1000's. Then they replaced All the P700 again. Except 4 P700 that have hitches. Mechanic sup said so they all have the same engine. They also can watch the damage on the new paint. Also, bulk head door, seat belt & all the other sensors they can sit in the office and watch all day.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
My old center must have got at least 25 new cars since I retired in the past year and a half. The P-1000's are all newer low profile(at least they appear to be lower) units. I have been told the P-700's were all replaced too. I think there is only 1 P-800 left and all the old P-5's are gone.

Do all the new cars have automatic transmissions?