New P750

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Remeber the vote a year or so ago? They should be taking more out of your check for it. There isn't any cost if you are 55 and it's the same benefits you have now, except maybe perscriptions, but it does include vision and dental, it also works as a medicare supplement when you start on medicare at 65. Most insurance ends when you enroll in medicare. I'm not sure of the deductible however, but I do know there is a million dollar lifetime cap, so it might be wise to consider a high deductible supplemental insurance.

helenofcalifornia

If you retire at 50, you must pay 150 monthly for health benefits. If you retire at 55, you will pay 100. And at 60 you pay 50. When you qualify for Medicare, you will pay nothing for the health benefits. This is Northern California rules and has been for at least the past five years.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
How will you retire with a full pension with 23 years part time??
My pension is based on total hours worked in a given year ; put in 1800+ hrs and you get a full pension credit year.
Since 1987 I have been an air driver along with working a regular part time shift, thus many days I was able to work 6-10 hrs. and with working Sat. ( many 6 day weeks ) my credited hours kept growing.
So 23 yrs p/t = 18 yrs pension credit.
Now add in the 9 years as a combo that makes my current at about 27 years pension credit.
And since the new pension rules state that one must be age 57 ( min ) to retire, which I am not. So if I hang around to say age 60 , I'll max out .

brownrodster

If you retire at 50, you must pay 150 monthly for health benefits. If you retire at 55, you will pay 100. And at 60 you pay 50. When you qualify for Medicare, you will pay nothing for the health benefits. This is Northern California rules and has been for at least the past five years.

It's different everywhere. I have a relative in a local near san francisco and they pay ZERO for medical when they retire. It was negotiated just for that local a long time ago. A guy who retired here a year ago at 52 pays 800 per month.

Contact the union, they should have people who deal only with the pension. Ask for a meeting with them, or ask for an estimate of when you can retire with full pension and how much it will be.

If you are in Western States, it's 80 and out, years of service plus age, but the insurance costs you if you are not yet 55.
I did call the union local, a very nice lady is sending me a print out on my estimate. However she was not able to shed any light on how or if my first three years would be accredited. She gave me a number for UPS/IBT pension info. I spent 1/2 hour each on two calls on hold. Grrrrrr, ya ya ya , I know my call is important to you, that's why I'm on HOLD!!!!

stealth8

I got offered one today and it is smaller than my other P750. also lacks a lot of shelf space in the cab area.

How do you go about starting a new thread on this site??

I got offered one today and it is smaller than my other P750. also lacks a lot of shelf space in the cab area.

How do you go about starting a new thread on this site??
Go to UPS dicussions page, click on the " NEW THREAD" icon above the thread listings.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
I did call the union local, a very nice lady is sending me a print out on my estimate. However she was not able to shed any light on how or if my first three years would be accredited. She gave me a number for UPS/IBT pension info. I spent 1/2 hour each on two calls on hold. Grrrrrr, ya ya ya , I know my call is important to you, that's why I'm on HOLD!!!!

It's possible the insurance I told you about is only for our local 222, but if you voted on it a year or two or three (can't remember) ago and they are taking additional out of your check you are under it. As for the pension info hang in there, they do a good job, if you have a steward you should get him to arrange a meeting with all drivers retiring within 5 years so they have all the info they need as far as qualifying, estimate of benefits and the procedure. Our local does it every 5 years for all drivers who want to attend, you call a few weeks ahead and they have all your info at the meeting and meet with each individual driver and spouse.