New package car driver here! Have a few questions!

JL 0513

not usually. And never with adult sig required.

Which begs the question, why does the InfoNotice™ have a signature line on the back with all the terms turning over responsibility to the receiver?

Customers sign this and fully expect us to leave the package.

oldngray

nowhere special
Which begs the question, why does the InfoNotice™ have a signature line on the back with all the terms turning over responsibility to the receiver?

Customers sign this and fully expect us to leave the package.

If I have a sig required package I cross out that space for the customer to sign. Even though the note says the customer must be there to sign in person generally they don't read or comprehend the notes. I think the signed delivery notice is mostly a holdover from the days before driver release and of little use now.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I picked up a trick from a driver in our center. Just write void on the back of the infonotice if you dont want them to sign.

B

bowflex

I do take lunch. They stressed in driver training that taking lunch is mandatory, so I take it.
I have been driving for about 30 days and finally started taking a 15-30 minute lunch just last week. My sup never stopped for lunch during my training and said that's how it is sometimes. That's good you area able to take a lunch and still get in under time. I ran into a similar problem twice last week. I scanned the package and the first alert said caution get signature, the second alert said No dr high claims, the third alert said driver release. I asked my Sup and the first time he said don't DR( this is because I showed him the actual messages on the diad. The next time it happened he got in my face and said why didn't I Dr the package. I told him it was the same scenario.. he says OK well you can DR it from now on. In your case there was really only one way to go about it but if you ever get conflicting alerts its not cut and dry.

PT Car Washer

Signature required is directions from the shipper. No DR is a local UPS directive for either that address or even an area. For example a specific trailer court may be No DR. SDN will work then.