New package car questions

RustyPMcG

I was trained to use the driver side when delivering a single package resi that is on the opposite side of the street. I realize it isn't the correct method .NOW, but as a rookie(and a few years after) I did it all the time.

Not being a driver, I don't know what the methods say, but what if you're delivering on a one-way street to someplace on the left?

There's a bread compnay around here that doesn't even have a drivers side door on their step-vans, and I've wondered what they do at grocery stores and restaurants where the loading dock has a wall on the right. Or what they'd do if they were in an accident that made the right-side door inaccessable. (They can't walk-thru to the back because the racks are wall-to-wall.

Big Babooba

Not being a driver, I don't know what the methods say, but what if you're delivering on a one-way street to someplace on the left?

There's a bread compnay around here that doesn't even have a drivers side door on their step-vans, and I've wondered what they do at grocery stores and restaurants where the loading dock has a wall on the right. Or what they'd do if they were in an accident that made the right-side door inaccessable. (They can't walk-thru to the back because the racks are wall-to-wall.
Carry a can opener.:happy-very:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I was trained to use the driver side when delivering a single package resi that is on the opposite side of the street. I realize it isn't the correct method .NOW, but as a rookie(and a few years after) I did it all the time.

We were all trained that way years ago. I was observed by a hard working Supe today and all was good. Tonight after my pickups I had 20 stops left in the dark. I might have wandered out the drivers door a few times.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey. Does anyone have a Workhorse with a 6.4l Powerstroke in it? If so, how's it been maintenance wise?