New package cars...

S

selfcancelsignal

Our center has received 3 new Freightliner 1000's in the last year. Just curious if anyone knows when some new 700's might be rolling in to a center near you?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Our center has received 3 new Freightliner 1000's in the last year. Just curious if anyone knows when some new 700's might be rolling in to a center near you?
There will be no more 700's, they are only ordering 1000's and 1200's. That way they can fill them up with more packages and give you more stops and it's all your fault for wanting smaller cars! Enjoy your 300 stops per day!

PT Car Washer

We have been getting a lot of the new 8's. They don't all stay but get sent around the state to smaller Centers. Haven't seen a new 700 in a couple years.

800 1000 are all they ar buying where I'm at. They bought a bunch of Isuzu's a couple years ago. Pieces of crap. I started a rumor that they bought so many that th y got them for 8grand a piece.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Got a new Sprinter(Dodge version) here a few weeks ago. We don't even know where to use it. It was not needed. Just arrived and they said use it. It is now the air driver's car.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We have been getting a lot of the new 8's. They don't all stay but get sent around the state to smaller Centers. Haven't seen a new 700 in a couple years.
Same here. We had 3 shiny new ones appear on the lot about 2 weeks ago. Engines didn't even have time to cool off before they were traded for 3 1000s.

moldsporh

The new package cars suck.

The aisles are narrower, and those rectangular headlights are the worst I've ever driven with on any vehicle....I think a candle in a Model T puts out more light, in the rain....forget it. Also, no light on the edges of the street.....worst design ever.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The aisles are narrower, and those rectangular headlights are the worst I've ever driven with on any vehicle....I think a candle in a Model T puts out more light, in the rain....forget it. Also, no light on the edges of the street.....worst design ever.
They've got some good acceleration though. Suckers have a touchy throttle.

Bottom rung

Just more stuff designed by someone who's never done the job. Weak sauce compared to the workhorse. The roof isn't translucent like earlier models, cab is smaller, turning radius is horrible, the pulley/weight bulkhead door opener is to weak to open the door on a road with a crown. They aren't sealed up at all. Shall I go on?

moldsporh

They've got some good acceleration though. Suckers have a touchy throttle.

Ha.....yeah they scoot pretty good. After watching my Pats whoop the Dolphins and throwing down a few....I'm going on a rant....lol.

So.....who goes down to the unveiling of these package cars before they are introduced to the system? Any safety members??

So maybe when they showed the truck to UPS......perhaps it went like this.....

"Instead of the old trucks where the wipers, ignition, temp controls, lights were all in one place. ..we spread them out now to make the driver reach all over the cab. We even located the handbrake so they can't reach it without hyper extending, if you're short then you have to remove the seatbelt.

Also, when it rains.....we made the drip edge over the doors stop right above the handrail so it drains the water down the rail so they can slip getting in and out.

We also made it like the old trucks so when they turn the heat to cold, hot coolant still flows through the heater box in the cab further increasing heat in the cab during the summer.

And lastly, we didn't vent the rear cargo area, instead we used the same golf ball size holes on each side so they can cook in the back"

"Excellent......we'll take a few thousand of them!"

My P1000 is still the same old design that takes no human well-being into consideration.

Rant over.

S

selfcancelsignal

The new package cars suck.

Lmao. IDK... The headlights on my old International need the brights to be on to actually see down the road. Oncoming drivers don't even notice the difference.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Be nice if they could put better springs and shocks on the PC's so that the packages do not go flying off the shelf as soon as you move

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Same here. We had 3 shiny new ones appear on the lot about 2 weeks ago. Engines didn't even have time to cool off before they were traded for 3 1000s.

That's what my center needs is p1000. They sent a bunch of 800. Only makes sense on a few of the routes they put them on. Most routes they are either totally over stuffed or empty being sent on rural runs. All while all of the p1000 have 350k plus on them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lmao. IDK... The headlights on my old International need the brights to be on to actually see down the road. Oncoming drivers don't even notice the difference.
Yep. I've been driving with brights on for probably 10 years now. Got flashed by another driver Tuesday for the first time ever.

rod

Retired 22 years

I once, on purpose, stopped a State Trooper and had him write me a fixit ticket for an old P600 for dim headlights because the mechanic said that was the only style headlight he could get out of automotive supply. After I showed the ticket to the center manager I was allowed to petty cash a set of top of the line (at that time) halogen lamps that were like 5 times the cost of regular lights. I was the envy of the center with my new lights but none of the other trucks got them because they didn't get a ticket.