New package cars...

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am very familiar with using COD money to pay for work related stuff and putting the receipt in to the COD envelope. Where I become fuzzy is using COD money to buy headlights and then later stealing them for my personal use.

Just when I couldn't think any less of you you do something to make me lower the bar even further.

I would not have been proud to have worked alongside you.

Kind of like encouraging seasonal workers (helpers) to apply for the Verizon discount?

PT Car Washer

Try replacing one for an old Ford. They don't exist! I think we got the last 2 in the country last time it happened. Fortunately these lock.
I guess I haven't seen one in a while. Do you have the male or the female caps. I remember the ones with female threads were a good size chunk of metal.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
In my building employees have been told many times that even taking home something you found in the trash would be considered theft. Car washer used to take home pop cans for the 5 cent deposit until LP told him to stop. Broke his heart as hunting for pop cans was a big part of his night.
When I was a green clerk I remember flowers coming through to a hospital for an employee (I want to say they were for Mother's day) came back as refused. I was a bit confused and worried it was just the hospital not accepting packages for employees. I called the woman and sure enough, she refused them. The SOP for that shipper was to process it as a throwaway and toss them. I couldn't believe it. I asked the supervisor if I could take them home to my then girlfriend as they were beautiful and would just go to waste and I got a solid no.

I get it, but I think it's a silly rule under certain circumstances. A damage throwaway? Sure. We decided it should be destroyed. For a refused throwaway? It isn't hurting anybody.

chris9834

Just more stuff designed by someone who's never done the job. Weak sauce compared to the workhorse. The roof isn't translucent like earlier models, cab is smaller, turning radius is horrible, the pulley/weight bulkhead door opener is to weak to open the door on a road with a crown. They aren't sealed up at all. Shall I go on?
Down here in the south during the summer the non-translucent roofs are a life saver they are not nearly as hot as the ones that are more translucent im certain thats why they did that.

special brownie

My pet peeves are..

The four-way flasher switches that are always in a stupid place like under the steering column. I mean we use the flashers at every stop all day...

The newer cars have this hideous alarm that goes off if the engine is off and either the lights are on or the ebrake is not set. I'm down with the ebrake alarm, but in the winter it gets dark very very early here and in most conditions I want to leave my car lit up while I walk off my DR. Make myself seen to avoid a hit-while-parked and also to illuminate the area a little bit during my stop. The only way to do this is to listen to this very loud alarm you can hear a block away. And if you do ignore the alarm because you think it's for the lights..there is an increased chance of rollaway if it was also going off for the ebrake not set (again, because it's the same alarm sound).

Our mechs say there is no way to bypass or turn off the headlight alarm. They tell me i should turn the headlights and running lights off at every stop and only have four-ways on. Really? Come deliver in the dark with me...
If you turn the dash lights off it won't beep when you turn the truck off with the headlights on

onehandsolo

I went from a workhorse p700 to a p800. I would prefer to stay in the p700, it handles well. I end up with more packages loaded on the floor in the 800 I think the shelves r narrower. I do think the p800 is cooler in the summer.