New Package Cars

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
We just got 2 new p7's diesel electric hybrids. 6 speed manual transmission that is electrically shifted using actuators for the shifter and clutch. Has a push button panel on the dash for Park, reverse and drive. Craziest thing to drive. uses electrical power to start off than engages the clutch, to use engine power. Has regenerative braking to help recharge the batteries.

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
In my building (which is a remote center in the first place) we have a few remote rural routes. The routes all had P3's on them. Now they're phazing them out and putting P57's on them. No sprinters yet in our building. We've had tons of P7's (none with roll up rear, that would be interesting to see). We still have a few of the P8's and now a TON of P1's and P12's. When I first started at UPS, we had nothing but P5's, P6's, P8's, and a couple P1's. Then a few of the very old P4's I think they were (looked like a P3, but with a rounded front and rear and front sloped, came from the 1960's).

I do know they had tons of problems when the new P57's came to the building. Looks like they're fixing them up slowly but surely.

Also, I was lucky with my vehicle needs. Needed a diesel with a hitch for a TP60. Can't convert the newer P1's, because they sit to low to the ground and the hitch assembly would drag the ground. Luckily, we had one in the building, one of the first P1's with diesel, so still a high riding vehicle for hitch clearance. The bennie to this (vehicle was built in 1989) it has power steering, power brakes, and the bigger cab (just still has the old lowback seats still). I will say it's alot better then that stupid old P1 with 6 cyl. Was burning engines up like crazy.

Oh, and how do you still have a car with a straight 6???? Usually can't get those blocks anymore, so all have been converted to a V6 in our building.