New peak driver helper: lazy driver

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I was tired just from watching my helper today. Walked off a lot of long drifted driveways. Damn unexpected snow. Offered him an extra hour off work but could tell he wanted to be done.

Marne Vet

So a complaining crybaby is done replying, just like he wasn't complaining, but complained his entire time here about his driver. friend'ing hypocrite. Hilarious that he called me illiterate too. lol Pure gold.

BeachBoy

So a complaining crybaby is done replying, just like he wasn't complaining, but complained his entire time here about his driver. friend'ing hypocrite. Hilarious that he called me illiterate too. lol Pure gold.
Screw it, it's peak. Everyones stressed and overworked right now, let it go.
As much as I enjoy the challenge and the workout, I'll be happy to be done with it as well. When I was asked today if I'd stay on for another month, I was glad I was able to say I was going back to my regular job next month.
To all you helpers who have stuck it out so far, in whatever conditions, congrats, you haveade a difference.
To the drivers who treated your helpers like people and not cattle, thanks!
Together, we've gotten through the worst of it.

cowboys606

I runoff about 250 for my driver,having 290-300 total. Its part of the job you are there to help the driver. Also heard they are going to use helpers inJan

upschuck

Helpers are there to help to driver. If helper delivers every package on the truck, it takes longer, and both get a bigger paycheck, and driver gets questioned by sup for excessive hours. Happy median is somewhere in between, and the driver is the best judge as to how to use them(assuming driver is not new), not the helper. As long as the driver is doing something, besides sitting, then take the package and deliver it. There is a lot more to do in the back of the truck than you might think.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You said one key thing in that post----"assuming (the) driver is not new"---our center is very hesitant about giving helpers to seasonal drivers.
I had a helper when I was a seasonal. I miss those days. A stuffed P600 with a wood bulkhead and a pad lock running 2 clipboards with unit 1301 on one and 1302 on the other. No clue what was in the truck until it fell in front of you.

Marne Vet

I had a helper when I was a seasonal. I miss those days. A stuffed P600 with a wood bulkhead and a pad lock running 2 clipboards with unit 1301 on one and 1302 on the other. No clue what was in the truck until it fell in front of you.

Man, going back to the wooden bulkhead door days and the round foot pedals! At least those wooden doors had a small opening in them, so if you "accidentally" locked your keys in the back you could get a hanger and unlock the door. Remember one of these trucks quite fondly. Had a lot of getup and go, and a very soft clutch.

upschuck

Man, going back to the wooden bulkhead door days and the round foot pedals! At least those wooden doors had a small opening in them, so if you "accidentally" locked your keys in the back you could get a hanger and unlock the door. Remember one of these trucks quite fondly. Had a lot of getup and go, and a very soft clutch.
Easy on the knee, but didn't know if the PCs would make it back to the building. Glad when they got rid of them.

What I am struggling to really understand is the question relating to how many packages a DH "should" be moving in relation to any driver… see to me the answer is you go to work every day expecting to move ALL of them. I find it absolutely insane that a person would need to have some amount of work they deem "fair" you have a job, you say you want to be a real UPS'er - shut up and be happy you have a chance to bust your butt for the 3-5 weeks you have.

JakeD

What I want to know is are we really counting packages now? If you have time to "count" you really aren't that busy.

you can look at the DIAD. it counts for you ;)

260 stops today with probably 400+ sumtin packages today in the rain.

still not seeing why people think this is hard.

BUCN85

I did driver helper last 4 years. I loved it. It gave me an understanding of the job esp since I was planning on becoming a driver myself. I learned the board so it helped the driver out and I would bust my ass. Also being a loader it have me a better understanding of loading the trucks. Now my trucks are ALMOST loaded stop for stop

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Heh. I asked a question since I'm new. Apparently, that means I'm the whiniest person on the planet.

I wonder if I'm going to be so bitchy when I'm making 60-90k a year with incredible benefits.
Your not gonna make it that far.
If you display this much disrespect on a forum, I can only image how it oozes from your attitude. Keep in mind, communication is 90% nonverbal and you ain't going far in this woman's UPS.