New Permanent FT Driver On Call Question

newshoes

I finished my driving school a few weeks ago, but have been on call since. To make up the hours I have been doing the preload and local sort. This has taken a toll on my body and sleep schedule. I was wondering if I HAD to work in the building or could I just file for unemployment instead?

I graduated driving school 3 weeks ago and have yet to even preload or work at ups ..starting to become annoying, I call everymoring and they say they have nothing for me..again it's been 3 weeks since driving school..and have yet to work or qualify. .starting to regret even taking this position

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I graduated driving school 3 weeks ago and have yet to even preload or work at ups ..starting to become annoying, I call everymoring and they say they have nothing for me..again it's been 3 weeks since driving school..and have yet to work or qualify. .starting to regret even taking this position
You're a seasonal driver I assume?

newshoes

I am in the same boat. I quit a full time job during the day (also worked the local sort). I don't understand why they needed to hire a full time driver if there is no work. I mean don't get me wrong, I've been waiting to go full time, but it just doesn't make sense. I feel like I'm stuck in limbo.