New Permanent FT Driver On Call Question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by newshoes, Nov 5, 2015.

1. newshoes

newshoes New Member

I finished my driving school a few weeks ago, but have been on call since. To make up the hours I have been doing the preload and local sort. This has taken a toll on my body and sleep schedule. I was wondering if I HAD to work in the building or could I just file for unemployment instead?

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'd rather sit at home and draw unemployment then work.

And we wonder what's wrong with this country

3. pabrownguy90238

pabrownguy90238 New Member

I graduated driving school 3 weeks ago and have yet to even preload or work at ups ..starting to become annoying, I call everymoring and they say they have nothing for me..again it's been 3 weeks since driving school..and have yet to work or qualify. .starting to regret even taking this position

4. Brownslave688

You're a seasonal driver I assume?

5. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Here you can't collect unemployment because there is always work available inside.

6. Brownslave688

The way it should be

7. pabrownguy90238

No was hired as a ft cover driver there are 3 of us that all went to school and we're all in the same boat

8. tacken

tacken Active Member

Go in every day. I am sure some senior driver would love to go home.

9. pabrownguy90238

member: 42019"]Go in every day. I am sure some senior driver would love to go home.[/QUOTE]

Haha I need to work

10. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

The OP has yet to qualify.

11. pabrownguy90238

Yes I have yet to qualify and I've been out of school for 3 weeks now ...4 weeks on monday

12. Brownslave688

Don't worry we will need you for the next two months but after that probably not again til June.

13. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

You're not the OP (original poster) but anyways, you'll get your chance soon enough, it's peak there will be more work than you want.

14. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

In his defense, it's effecting his sleep schedule :D

15. newshoes

newshoes New Member

I am in the same boat. I quit a full time job during the day (also worked the local sort). I don't understand why they needed to hire a full time driver if there is no work. I mean don't get me wrong, I've been waiting to go full time, but it just doesn't make sense. I feel like I'm stuck in limbo.