New Planes

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And you intentionally increase your number of lates because of your high moral and ethical standards!

LOL!! You're a hoot!

Not an accurate analogy. Having late pkgs intentionally is not immoral. Screwing over loyal employees IS Immoral. See the difference?

bbsam

Staff member
How does intentionally having lates make Express look better than if Ground were to unintentionally have lates with future time commits that some say we could never make?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You need to spend awhile working for Fred. You'd change your tune pretty quickly.

Doing the right thing does not depend upon your hourly wage.

I know quite a few couriers and none of them would ever think of intentionally delivering an overnight package late.

I think you need to take a good long hard look in the mirror. Dave.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Doing the right thing does not depend upon your hourly wage.

I know quite a few couriers and none of them would ever think of intentionally delivering an overnight package late.

I think you need to take a good long hard look in the mirror. Dave.
Actually, doing the right thing has a lot to do with your hourly wage. If UPS cut your wages down to $20 per per hour it's highly likely your motivation would be dimished. What if they killed your pension too? It's easy to take the moral high ground when you are a "have", as opposed to a "have not".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually, doing the right thing has a lot to do with your hourly wage. If UPS cut your wages down to $20 per per hour it's highly likely your motivation would be dimished. What if they killed your pension too? It's easy to take the moral high ground when you are a "have", as opposed to a "have not".

I was not always a "have" (although at $70K/year you would be hard-pressed to call me a "have"). I have had a couple of crappy jobs which makes me appreciate what I have now. Do you know that I didn't even break $10K during my first year in the Air Force? Granted, my meals/lodging/health care were all paid for, but $10K is not a whole lot of money. Did I work 1/7th as hard or did I care 1/7th as much as I do now? No (but I didn't work nearly as hard as I do now). My father (not my Dad) was certainly not Father of the Year but he did instill a good work ethic in all of his children, which we all carry to this day regardless of how much money we make.

You have stated before that if you were still with UPS that you would work to the best of your ability with a strong emphasis on customer service. I will tell you that if you brought the attitude that you have now with you to UPS that you wouldn't last a week.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was not always a "have" (although at $70K/year you would be hard-pressed to call me a "have"). I have had a couple of crappy jobs which makes me appreciate what I have now. Do you know that I didn't even break $10K during my first year in the Air Force? Granted, my meals/lodging/health care were all paid for, but $10K is not a whole lot of money. Did I work 1/7th as hard or did I care 1/7th as much as I do now? No (but I didn't work nearly as hard as I do now). My father (not my Dad) was certainly not Father of the Year but he did instill a good work ethic in all of his children, which we all carry to this day regardless of how much money we make.

You have stated before that if you were still with UPS that you would work to the best of your ability with a strong emphasis on customer service. I will tell you that if you brought the attitude that you have now with you to UPS that you wouldn't last a week.
An employer that pays me fairly gets a 100% commitment. One that doesn't gets what they pay for. FedEx is different because they have consistently and regularly taken away from what used to be a very good job. Somehow, UPS people can't seem to understand that.

vantexan

Depends what year you were getting that $10k a year. My dad was a top salesman for Sears, made $35k in 1980. That's more than $100k today in purchasing power terms. That's what we're upset about, inflation marches on while FedEx forces us to accept less and less. You said one would be hard-pressed to call you a have at $70k a year. Imagine how we'll feel on half of that when OT is gone, can't even get a full 40 hrs. I'd immediately start sounding like Goldilocks if I made what you made, and if anyone ragged on Fred making that kind of money I'd say he's an ingrate who'd never be satisfied. But luckily FedEx will never put me in the position of defending their pay policies.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Just one small way to fight back. Nobody is going to die if I deliver at 1031 instead of 1029. Get off the moral soapbox already.

That's what I'd do if I wanted better pay and benefits. I'd screw them out of revenue and use twisted reasoning to claim what I'm doing is moral.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's what I'd do if I wanted better pay and benefits. I'd screw them out of revenue and use twisted reasoning to claim what I'm doing is moral.

You know, your crap gets old. Besides not even being a courier, the constant "rah-rah" just reeks of someone trying to convince employees to just keep on giving and to "go out there for the Gipper". The "Gipper" is sitting at home in DC or Memphis thinking of ways to cut our pay and make us work even harder for what little we get while he snacks on caviar and drinks fine wine. Because he's too busy writing checks to politicians who will willingly slit our throats , he has his lackey go online and cheer on the team to just keep on trying and "things will get better". Bull freeking sheet.

59 Dano

You know, your crap gets old. Besides not even being a courier, the constant "rah-rah" just reeks of someone trying to convince employees to just keep on giving and to "go out there for the Gipper". The "Gipper" is sitting at home in DC or Memphis thinking of ways to cut our pay and make us work even harder for what little we get while he snacks on caviar and drinks fine wine. Because he's too busy writing checks to politicians who will willingly slit our throats , he has his lackey go online and cheer on the team to just keep on trying and "things will get better". Bull freeking sheet.

I encourage people to cover their butts. I'm emphatic about it. If others want to be careless or reckless or lackadaisical, I wouldn't advise it, but hell, it's their jobs that they are jeopardizing, not mine.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I encourage people to cover their butts. I'm emphatic about it. If others want to be careless or reckless or lackadaisical, I wouldn't advise it, but hell, it's their jobs that they are jeopardizing, not mine.

Your job isn't being a courier, so it isn't in jeopardy.

59 Dano

Your job isn't being a courier, so it isn't in jeopardy.

I've never stated what my job is or isn't. I will happily admit while swearing on a stack of bibles that my job has absolutely nothing to do with providing any PR for the company here on this board or anywhere else. Other than that, you're on your own.

Maybe I'm a courier. Maybe I was at one time. Maybe not. Maybe I'm an ops mgr. Perhaps a senior. Could be a non-exempt position somewhere in the company. Maybe an exempt position. Might be a material handler. Flight ops, maybe? Better yet, I could be one of the guys who helps develop packaging. An accountant! Or not. I might be a tiny cog in the facilities department and all I do is staple purchase orders to invoices. Might I be involved with district management? I might. But I might also be a ramp agent or a handler in a hub. Then there are the other possibilities! Maybe I don't work for FedEx at all. I might have a friend who does and he tells me things and I post them here for the heck of it. Or it could be that I'm also one of the other posters on the board who doesn't agree with me and under that persona I post a bunch of anti-FedEx stuff that isn't true just to stir the pot and get people all worked up.

Have you ever considered the possibility that the company leaks certain things to certain people to see which things pop up on this board so that they know who's blabbing?