New Power Pad Load

zapmail

We were told this morning that next week a delivery manifest will be loaded daily into the powerless pads. Any thoughts on this? I'm thinking drivers without route knowledge and not a swing will now be told "we've dissolved Joe's route today or forever, run the newly cut route off the manifest". We knew this was coming. Interesting timing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We were told this morning that next week a delivery manifest will be loaded daily into the powerless pads. Any thoughts on this? I'm thinking drivers without route knowledge and not a swing will now be told "we've dissolved Joe's route today or forever, run the newly cut route off the manifest". We knew this was coming. Interesting timing.

It is October.

STFXG

We've had it for a while. You will actually like this upgrade... One of the few that makes things easier.

STFXG

Ours doesn't route. Just lets you hit either barcode and let's you know how many packages are on the truck for that stop. It also lists all the stops for the day in the scanner by address. (Not routed but by where they are loaded in the truck). Makes it easier when you're heavy. Don't have to dig as much to find things when you know what's there.

Express Courier

Been using it for a while. It's helpful to swings or people unfamiliar with the rte. Making it easy enough that a monkey could do it. A lot of couriers don't like it, mostly the vets that know the area really well. Oh also, you'll get several pieces that will not show up in the manifest for whatever reason like a misspelled street name for example.

FedEx2000

This load isn't the full DRA, it's the ROADS Manifest: how many pkgs for each stop, it will notify you if you scan say 3 pkgs and you are supposed to have 4 for that address or if you scan a pkg that isn't addressed to the address you selected. It's sortable by TS1 and TS2 (Time Segment 1 and 2: P1 and everything else). You can select the address directly from the screen, so pkgs that don't have a address barcode won't have to be entered manually. Biggest problem is still getting customers to enter address info correctly. If you type in "3" for example, it will pull any stop starting with a 3 in the address to the top, if you enter another number it will then narrow to those results.

ScubaEx

We were told last Friday that it would be out this week, so far doesn't work doesn't show up on our powerless pads. Maybe they need to do a software update to ours.

Goldilocks

Been using it for a while. It's helpful to swings or people unfamiliar with the rte. Making it easy enough that a monkey could do it. A lot of couriers don't like it, mostly the vets that know the area really well. Oh also, you'll get several pieces that will not show up in the manifest for whatever reason like a misspelled street name for example.

You should have a person doing your address corrections before Roads is downloaded every morning.

Express Courier

You should have a person doing your address corrections before Roads is downloaded every morning.
We do but still things fall through the cracks all the time and quite often the computer or person doing the corrections is not working properly. It's pretty amazing how many corrections are needed. I'm sure it will get fully streamlined some day.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I have an indoor mall and several strip malls on my route. All the same st. address just, different stes.
I also have a lot of 2 and 3 story office buildings. Again, all the same st. # just a matter of whether or not this thing will see a ste.

I'll tell you guys something right now, I've heard that you can add in little "notes" to each stop for example...at 123 Main St. the customer has advised you (their regular driver) to step on and then throw their packages over the fence. Don't waste your time entering in any info. All this info. gets shared across all FDX opcos. PROTECT YOUR JOB. Think about that.

Goldilocks

We do but still things fall through the cracks all the time and quite often the computer or person doing the corrections is not working properly. It's pretty amazing how many corrections are needed. I'm sure it will get fully streamlined some day.

I help out with corrections and have to use many sites to get the correct address. Google, property search, gnsl, genisis and fred. Once corrected you should no longer see zeros on your packages.