New Preload PT Sup

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well how about this, considering everything, including the fact after both jobs and class I only get around 4-5 hours of sleep plus a nap if I'm lucky, I'm going to keep this position up until it becomes applicable on my resume. Once that happens there really won't be much left in it for me to gain from this role. Honestly, 6 months is the goal. I don't feel like having a heart attack by 35, which is bound to happen at if I stay this course.

It would look better on your resume if you kept the PT sup gig at least until you graduate.

Thing about that is college is on hold for at least a year, I moved states during the late summer of last year and and out of state tuition would kill me. I'm stuck 34 credits with no idea what to go back for. I've screwed myself moving around so much in recent years but ever since my parents died a couple years back I've just been trying to find a place where I can make things work. The classes I was referring to earlier are MMA classes. It does it's part to make me happy so that's it for now. Regardless, if I were going to school right, there is no way I'd be able to make decent grades with everything going on right now. The point is, in my unique situation using this job strictly for a resume builder is what looks like my best option. I still have to strive to do my best while I'm in this postion though and that's what I'm gonna do.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Thing about that is college is on hold for at least a year, I moved states during the late summer of last year and and out of state tuition would kill me. I'm stuck 34 credits with no idea what to go back for. I've screwed myself moving around so much in recent years but ever since my parents died a couple years back I've just been trying to find a place where I can make things work. The classes I was referring to earlier are MMA classes. It does it's part to make me happy so that's it for now. Regardless, if I were going to school right, there is no way I'd be able to make decent grades with everything going on right now. The point is, in my unique situation using this job strictly for a resume builder is what looks like my best option. I still have to strive to do my best while I'm in this postion though and that's what I'm gonna do.
Perhaps make a surreptitious inquiry with the union shop steward as to the actual current status of the 6:1 hiring ratio (you hopefully being the '1'). Take that into consideration, and keep your resumé up to date. Good luck. ✌

trickpony1

The OP put himself in this position.
He could have gone to an employment agency and got day jobs to pay his bills while waiting for a driving job.

I don't feel sorry for him.

It's true, i did get myself into this mess. It was based off of my limited knowledge at the time. Either way it's my mess and I know how I'm gonna deal with it now. Thanks to everyone who gave honest advice. To everyone who decided to be jack-ass, congratulations on finding your passion in life. Good luck everyone.