New Preloader Tips

specter208

From what I learned from my driver.

PRE-LOAD:
Put big and/or heavy stuff on floor and out of the aisle as much as possible, labels facing out or forward with packages propped up on the shelf lip. Concentrate on avoiding misloads by going at a steady pace, your speed and accuracy will increase with more experience. Check that your PAL and shipping labels match and that you write sequence number on every couple packages

LOADING:
Start by placing all the heavy and bulky stuff at the bottom of your walls and progressively get lighter towards the top. Fill gaps in your walls with small packages. Use your leg muscles to help move big or heavy packages and bend at the knees instead bending your back to lift things. Avoid getting hurt and work at a steady pace.

UNLOAD:
Work at a steady pace and put packages 1 at a time on your conveyor or roller. Put the PAL labels on a surface that will be visible when a pre-loader loads onto the package car.

From what I learned from my driver.

PRE-LOAD:
Put big and/or heavy stuff on floor and out of the aisle as much as possible, labels facing out or forward with packages propped up on the shelf lip. Concentrate on avoiding misloads by going at a steady pace, your speed and accuracy will increase with more experience. Check that your PAL and shipping labels match and that you write sequence number on every couple packages

LOADING:
Start by placing all the heavy and bulky stuff at the bottom of your walls and progressively get lighter towards the top. Fill gaps in your walls with small packages. Use your leg muscles to help move big or heavy packages and bend at the knees instead bending your back to lift things. Avoid getting hurt and work at a steady pace.

UNLOAD:
Work at a steady pace and put packages 1 at a time on your conveyor or roller. Put the PAL labels on a surface that will be visible when a pre-loader loads onto the package car.
Thanks A lot man. I'll try me best, hopefully they'll cover everything during orientation.

illegalcourier

Keep your head down. Also, this job sucks (for the money). Your body belongs to UPS now. It will be physically conditioned to do things you have never done before. Things you may never forget, muahaha.

Keep your head down. Also, this job sucks (for the money). Your body belongs to UPS now. It will be physically conditioned to do things you have never done before. Things you may never forget, muahaha.
Dammn buddy, dont get me nervous man lol hopefully is not as bad as it seems. Im just excited.

watdaflock?

Let the belt do the work for you.
I like to work ahead (of my assigned package cars) and organize the belt by grouping together boxes going to the same PC.

Carry more than one box at a time if possible.

Work efficiently. PAL label facing out/up so the driver can see it. Bulk stops normally are grouped together on the floor, even if the label says put them on a shelf.*

*You'll quickly learn about all of the "it depends" type of preloading at UPS. Most importantly, "it depends" on the drivers route if they unload bulk stops first.

Get it close.
You are supposed to get bulk sheets early in the sort to assist in loading. Sometimes shelf space is tight and boxes wont fit where they are suppose to go. Don't spend minutes reorganizing. Draw an arrow or something like "\/ floor" showing where the rest of the boxes are.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Let the belt do the work for you.
I like to work ahead (of my assigned package cars) and organize the belt by grouping together boxes going to the same PC.

The UPS term is "sorting at the belt (or slide)"

Carry more than one box at a time if possible.

Work efficiently. PAL label facing out/up so the driver can see it. Bulk stops normally are grouped together on the floor, even if the label says put them on a shelf.*

*You'll quickly learn about all of the "it depends" type of preloading at UPS. Most importantly, "it depends" on the drivers route if they unload bulk stops first.
The UPS term is "Optimum carry."

Get it close.

You are supposed to get bulk sheets early in the sort to assist in loading. Sometimes shelf space is tight and boxes wont fit where they are suppose to go. Don't spend minutes reorganizing. Draw an arrow or something like "\/ floor" showing where the rest of the boxes are.
Don't reorganize? Your drivers must LOVE you.

watdaflock?

The UPS term is "sorting at the belt (or slide)"

The UPS term is "Optimum carry."

Don't spend minutes reorganizing. Draw an arrow or something like "\/ floor" showing where the rest of the boxes are.
Don't reorganize? Your drivers must LOVE you.

Thanks for the UPS terms but some of us are capable of thought on our own.

Obviously your attentive skills are still poor. I bolded my original response above since it was missed by you.

Just to help more-

"Don't spend minutes reorganizing"

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thanks for the UPS terms but some of us are capable of thought on our own.

Obviously your attentive skills are still poor. I bolded my original response above since it was obviously missed by you but just to help more-

"Don't spend minutes reorganizing"
It's a fragment, not a proper sentence. Regardless, if it takes me 2 minutes to reorganize my floor...so what? I'd prefer an organized floor to a disorganized mess. Last time I checked, I'm paid by the hour, not by how many boxes I load.

watdaflock?

It's a fragment, not a proper sentence. Regardless, if it takes me 2 minutes to reorganize my floor...so what? I'd prefer an organized floor to a disorganized mess. Last time I checked, I'm paid by the hour, not by how many boxes I load.
I prefer to work efficiently and not touch boxes more than once. Do it right the first time and you don't have to reorganize.

J

jibbs

Just wanted to stop in and say that you're being a real buddy* lately, BB58, and I wouldn't mention it if it were only restricted to this thread.

You know.... do what you want with that opinion...

Last edited by a moderator: