New Raises

DMoore65

My hire date was august 7 2012 which would make my seniority date august 7 2013, which was after the date set up on the new contract for the new guidelines. Which would mean I would be entitled to the 50 cent raise on my hire date and not the 70 cents..my issue is that I just checked my pay stub on UPERS and I was given the 70 cents..now..when we were issued the retro check, I was overpaid and had to have deductions out of my check...was I supposed to get the 70 cent raise or the 50 cent raise???

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My hire date was august 7 2012 which would make my seniority date august 7 2013, which was after the date set up on the new contract for the new guidelines. Which would mean I would be entitled to the 50 cent raise on my hire date and not the 70 cents..my issue is that I just checked my pay stub on UPERS and I was given the 70 cents..now..when we were issued the retro check, I was overpaid and had to have deductions out of my check...was I supposed to get the 70 cent raise or the 50 cent raise???
I don't know...my seniority date is July 13th...I got a 50 cent raise that week...and the 70 cent raise last week on August 1st.

Same issue I'm having . Was hired June 10th 2013, I believe seniority is reached after 30 days which would put me before the Aug 1. 2013 contract date. I received a 50 cent raise and now just got a 70 cent raise. I am currently having deductions out of paychecks to 'repay' $500 they somehow overpaid me . It's been a headache trying to understand this mess. With all that said, can't complain with starting at $8.50 and in a little over a year now making $11.20 . :likeit:

By The Book

Same issue I'm having . Was hired June 10th 2013, I believe seniority is reached after 30 days which would put me before the Aug 1. 2013 contract date. I received a 50 cent raise and now just got a 70 cent raise. I am currently having deductions out of paychecks to 'repay' $500 they somehow overpaid me . It's been a headache trying to understand this mess. With all that said, can't complain with starting at $8.50 and in a little over a year now making $11.20 . :likeit:
Get your steward and request a detailed accounting of your retro pay. This applies to all employees who dispute their retro pay. The company will then make a list off these employees. Then the company will show all hours you were compensated for, and a copy should also go to the local. This will probably be the only way to compare and see your progressions, when you got your seniority raises, and the contractual raises each August 1st.

BrownTexas

That only happens.... to people from TexASS.

Maybe you could post something, about another ethnic group.

-Bug-
Sure. I'm sure there is an old saying that can offend anyone. I don't care to be politically correct and if it doesn't offend someone they can just get over it. Have any request?

J

jibbs

Yes.

That the public education system in Texas....

Not graduate people from high school, with a 4th grade level of English comprehension.

-Bug-

The use of an apostrophe in that "correction" there is incorrect, Bug...

I suppose that could be 5th grade material, though. :biggrin:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I got only 60¢ instead of my 70¢. Ups bastards trying to Jew me out of 10¢.
It's one thing to say you don't care about someone's politics, but what you posted was anti-semitic and offensive...and the fact that you write that you don't care when someone brought it to your attention shows how classy you are.

BrownTexas

At most it is nothing more than a stereotype. Simple saying ups is cheap like Jewish people are portrayed to be in comedy. You people need to take a chill pill.

J

jibbs

At most it is nothing more than a stereotype. Simple saying ups is cheap like Jewish people are portrayed to be in comedy. You people need to take a chill pill.

You get what they're saying though, right? I don't think it's a big deal but I can understand people being offended by it, even if that's not the intent behind the statement. You wouldn't be hard-pressed to find someone that takes issue with the depiction of Judaism and it's followers in media either, but that extends to nearly every other religion, minority and subgroup out there too.

I'm offended nearly every single day. Still here. A little jaded, a little bitter, maybe, but being offended isn't the end of the world...