new retro checks

Box Ox

"Our objective is to process an additional retroactive payment to all underpaid employees by June 5, 2014. We will be contacting employees who were over paid in the coming weeks."

Corrections?

dinger19

Just went on upsers and the new checks are posted, won't hit the bank til later tonight. It seems like I got a lot more than the other guys in my center.

TheKingOfQueens

Got $550 2 weeks ago. Walk in to work today and was handed a piece I paper saying I was over paid and 245 of it will be garnished !!! WTF! A bunch of us got this notice !!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

J

jibbs

Got $550 2 weeks ago. Walk in to work today and was handed a piece I paper saying I was over paid and 245 of it will be garnished !!! WTF! A bunch of us got this notice !!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

I found out today I was underpaid. I walked in and got a sheet of paper saying UPS still owes me $22 and some change. :happy-very:

I don't imagine they will be doing this in one shot----how much will they be taking out each week?

I believe it was anything up to $100 would be taken out in a single pay period, $101-$300 would be taken out over 3 pay periods, and $301-$1000 would be taken out over 5 pay periods.

I was still half asleep when they were telling us that at 3am but I do think I remember that part of our super weak preload PCM correctly.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
They overpaid a ton of PT'ers on the day sort and at least 30 were pulled aside and told their checks would be garnished to the tune of $30/week until the overpayment was corrected.

:censored2: this company.

Oak

How many days does the company have to notify an employee of an overpayment?

Don't we only have a week to notify the company of a shortage?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yeah I got the info today! Union stewards were in the office to attest to this and advised me to contact Union Asst. Business Agent and discuss options. They were pissed off too! On the two sheets I got a copy of, one listed the mistake and the other broke down the retro pay detail of the supposed overpayment and the "adjusted" new payment. A written in number of 4, for the next pay periods, was entered on the error document saying they were going to collect their cash. With the amount of the supposed overpayment, if accurate, the pay periods should be 5 from what I gather from other members of this site. Bottom line, I'M PISSED AND THIS SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Tell them you spent it on heroin. When they ask you to take a drug test make sure you're on the clock as per the contract, voila, there's your money to repay them.