New route

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by swing_drv, Jun 27, 2013.

1. swing_drv

swing_drv Member

Ok we had a driver quit! They put his route up for bids but we were told only unasigned drivers can sign for it because the routes just got bidded on. And you can't bid on another route till 6 months. WTF!
  2. quamba 638

quamba 638 Member

If you signed a bid, then turned it down after finding out more information about it, like me. Then yes, they will say you're not allowed to sign a bid for 6 months. Did you sign it?
  3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Sign it anyway.
  4. cachsux

cachsux Wah

We could sign any route bid regardless. Sounds like the center management group doesn't want to go through a possible bidding process over multiple routes.
  5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Sign it. Can't hurt.
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

7. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Would you pay a dime to see this?

Sign, then file.
  8. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Read your supplement and see what it says. In my area that would be BS if it up for bid anyone can bid it....

Your SUP are saying this because they don't want to have to train people again. One guy move than that route opens another guy bids on the route and his route opens, ETC

SIGN THE BID if you want the job. If your one with the most seniority that signs the bid and they don't give you the job. FILE a GRIEVANCE
  9. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

File then sign it....wait..
  11. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Cart before the horse?
  12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

How long has the driver that quit been on this route?
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

What difference does this make?

The route should be put up for bid with only those drivers lower in seniority than the driver who quit allowed to bid on it. The center just completed their bids so if anyone higher would have wanted it they would have taken it at that time. It would not be fair to allow everyone to bid on it---just those lower in seniority and any unassigned drivers.
  15. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

16. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Only allowing lower seniority people to bid sounds nice but where is that allowed in the contract?
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

I have no idea but this is how it is done in my center so it may be covered by the supplement. We had a similar situation only this time it was a package car driver going to feeders during a bid cycle. Everyone below this driver in seniority was allowed to rebid based on this opening.
  18. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

We bidded for life in our Local.
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

20. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Quoting the OP's original post.