New Rule for Part-timers: No work over 5 hours!

705red

Browncafe Steward
The company has the right to work a junior employee at straight time before working you on overtime. If junior gets more hours than you, you are entitled to that pay.

What is the matter with this copmany? They dont want to pay someone ot at $8.50 an hour, but will pay triple time to a driver for working over 9.5!

Lets see $85.65 an hour for every minute over 9.5,,,,,, but no cant pay at ptimer $12.75 to load the trucks the right way in cutting down on misloads that push the drivers over 9.5!

But dont forget those sales leads!

W

westsideworma

does your local ryder really say if you work over 5 your gauranteed 8?,because theres nothing like that here in cincinnati

here either, we were working 7.5-7.75+ hrs a day during PEAK 05 (pre-PAS). That didn't happen the following year though haha and last year we started like 45 min earlier than normal...was a disaster lol.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
So when do they start cutting back on managment? Laying off and cutting back hourly people but I still have not seen any cuts from management. They will have to hire more managment to figure out how to cut more jobs of people who work for the company.

I have been told by my steward that no one can replace me for my job, regardless of seniority, if it is not thier job and thier area. a sorter can not replace a loader, loaders cant replace sorters, auditors cant replace either, etc. this may just apply to the 315 local for all i know

if you are getting cut out too fast then just hang around the building and watch the supervisors, one moves a box, breaks a jam then just file a grievance, eventually they will leave you alone

sdf6hr2

i was going to offer words of encouragement by way of "as always, this is the flavor of the month and will go away like everything else mgmt gets obsessed about"... but then i saw barnyard's post about not having ot for the past 7 years. geez, that guys going to be ceo.