New Scanners for Preloaders

Luxoric

Junkrat Main
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm completely against these. From what I was told by my sup after refusing to use the things two days in a row, they are supposed to reduce miss loads down to zero and they give the customer a better experience with tracking. The latter is complete bs, there's no difference between what we're doing now and when it was scanned earlier in the process by the primary (if anyone would like to explain what he meant by this better, I'd be glad to read it). Now the miss load part I understand, but I haven't had a miss load in three months. I just hate that because of other people not being able to do the job well enough, either because they physically can't or they just don't want to, so I get punished and have to wear this horrible piece of technology. I was one of the building's best preloaders, loading my four cars everyday at well over 275 pieces per hour. My drivers were always saying how much better it was to have me than the guy that was here before, and now this thing comes along and I can barely finish the job by 9 o'clock. They say they understand and even help me now by coming in earlier and loading/sorting the mess of packages that are almost guaranteed to be 1/10 damages. This thing completely slowed me down. I don't really have a point here, just venting. I know that I can't get fired for this, but that's not what I'm worried about. I actually enjoyed my job and I worked hard to get the standing I have. Now I'm just average at best.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm completely against these. From what I was told by my sup after refusing to use the things two days in a row, they are supposed to reduce miss loads down to zero and they give the customer a better experience with tracking. The latter is complete bs, there's no difference between what we're doing now and when it was scanned earlier in the process by the primary (if anyone would like to explain what he meant by this better, I'd be glad to read it). Now the miss load part I understand, but I haven't had a miss load in three months. I just hate that because of other people not being able to do the job well enough, either because they physically can't or they just don't want to, so I get punished and have to wear this horrible piece of technology. I was one of the building's best preloaders, loading my four cars everyday at well over 275 pieces per hour. My drivers were always saying how much better it was to have me than the guy that was here before, and now this thing comes along and I can barely finish the job by 9 o'clock. They say they understand and even help me now by coming in earlier and loading/sorting the mess of packages that are almost guaranteed to be 1/10 damages. This thing completely slowed me down. I don't really have a point here, just venting. I know that I can't get fired for this, but that's not what I'm worried about. I actually enjoyed my job and I worked hard to get the standing I have. Now I'm just average at best.
Throw a few misleads out there Tellem you can do better without the scanner

Luxoric

Junkrat Main
Throw a few misleads out there Tellem you can do better without the scanner

I've told my sups multiple times, but there really is nothing they can do at this point. They tend to shy away from me anyways because I always give them a hard time (within the confines of reason, I don't say or do anything they can fire me for), so they probably wouldn't want to change anything if they could. The problem is that the system is set up so packages aren't marked as out for delivery until a preloader scans it the moment before loading it into the package car.

And if I purposely loaded wrong packages, they would know right away. It keeps track of what packages should have been scanned by me, and at the end of the day gives the supervisors a percentage of packages I've scanned. And I wouldn't want to do that anyways cuz' it screws with my drivers. We're all friends and I don't want to affect their job if I can help it.

Luxoric

Junkrat Main
Work As Directed. Collect paycheck. Rinse. Repeat.
I get that. I know it's just a job, but when I'm working my mind just doesn't think like that. If I'm not doing my best, I just feel bad. Like I said, I'm friends with all my drivers and beyond that I just don't like doing something half-assed.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I get that. I know it's just a job, but when I'm working my mind just doesn't think like that. If I'm not doing my best, I just feel bad. Like I said, I'm friends with all my drivers and beyond that I just don't like doing something half-assed.
I was the same way with PAS and ORION. Make it work for you. Sounds like it's a new toy so they are hot on it. In a few months it will become a flavor of the week. If it's a way to eliminate misloads, I'm all in. I find some preloaders' attitudes that "I only had a couple misloads" unacceptable. We're the ones who get dinged for the missed package or the extra miles if we run it.

Luxoric

Junkrat Main
I was the same way with PAS and ORION. Make it work for you. Sounds like it's a new toy so they are hot on it. In a few months it will become a flavor of the week. If it's a way to eliminate misloads, I'm all in. I find some preloaders' attitudes that "I only had a couple misloads" unacceptable. We're the ones who get dinged for the missed package or the extra miles if we run it.
Yeah you're right. I'll figure it out soon enough. It's only been a week after all, and I'm already showing some progress. Back to 240 per hour at least.