New Seasonal Delivery Driver; Future Loader/Driver

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by BrownTrainee, Oct 14, 2016.

1. BrownTrainee

BrownTrainee New Member

Hello,

I just recently applied for UPS Seasonal Driver position and I passed the Road Test and DOT physical for the north east region. I'm completing training and I'm studying 5 & 10's DOK and preparing for the 4 day training course. I fully intend to become a loader after the seasonal volume drops and I look forward to snagging a driver position when one becomes available. I found out about this website while researching about a UPS career before I applied. If anyone is wondering, my road test was on a diesel package delivery car, no air brakes and a 5 speed spicer transmission.

Thanks,

Future Brown

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Busting your butt for the next two months will go a long way in helping you achieve your goals.

Good luck.

3. Yeah right, UPS will drag you along until they either don't need you anymore or by some miracle after several holiday seasons have pity on you and make you permanent. You numbers mean crap, I scratched almost every day. I was sent home on my 39th day on the road and now I find out I will be brought back as seasonal. They use you. Unless you have another source of income, don't count on this one until you are permanent which can take over a year. At least that's for my center in NY.

4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Funny .. Isn't that what many of us told you weeks ago when you first posted about getting sent home on your 40th day?

5. Yes Unfortunately I have learned the hard way that a man's word no longer means anything.

6. BrownTrainee

BrownTrainee New Member

I went to Integrad and passed it. Looking forward to the seasonal hours!

7. Justin25

Justin25 New Member

I too have just been Hired as Seasonal Driver, I do not expect anything permanent.

8. pc7133

pc7133 New Member

Longislandnewbie, which hub are you in? Uniondale

9. Centers are all different. At my center, if you get hired parttime after peak, and have already been to driving school, you'd be driving a lot still. I guess most seasonal drivers don't want part time, because I've only seen one guy stay on. But we have a high turnover, so we always need parttimers .