New Seasonal Delivery Driver; Future Loader/Driver

BrownTrainee

Hello,

I just recently applied for UPS Seasonal Driver position and I passed the Road Test and DOT physical for the north east region. I'm completing training and I'm studying 5 & 10's DOK and preparing for the 4 day training course. I fully intend to become a loader after the seasonal volume drops and I look forward to snagging a driver position when one becomes available. I found out about this website while researching about a UPS career before I applied. If anyone is wondering, my road test was on a diesel package delivery car, no air brakes and a 5 speed spicer transmission.

Thanks,

Future Brown

LongIslandNewbie

Yeah right, UPS will drag you along until they either don't need you anymore or by some miracle after several holiday seasons have pity on you and make you permanent. You numbers mean crap, I scratched almost every day. I was sent home on my 39th day on the road and now I find out I will be brought back as seasonal. They use you. Unless you have another source of income, don't count on this one until you are permanent which can take over a year. At least that's for my center in NY.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yeah right, UPS will drag you along until they either don't need you anymore or by some miracle after several holiday seasons have pity on you and make you permanent. You numbers mean crap, I scratched almost every day. I was sent home on my 39th day on the road and now I find out I will be brought back as seasonal. They use you. Unless you have another source of income, don't count on this one until you are permanent which can take over a year. At least that's for my center in NY.
Funny .. Isn't that what many of us told you weeks ago when you first posted about getting sent home on your 40th day?

I went to Integrad and passed it. Looking forward to the seasonal hours!
Centers are all different. At my center, if you get hired parttime after peak, and have already been to driving school, you'd be driving a lot still. I guess most seasonal drivers don't want part time, because I've only seen one guy stay on. But we have a high turnover, so we always need parttimers .