new software on ppad

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by chargerlou, Jun 25, 2012.

1. chargerlou

chargerlou Member

Noticed when I go to drop box pup it now had 2 additions on screen "powerpad drop box" and "e drop box" anyone else out there have that?
  2. LTFedExer

LTFedExer New Member

Saw it today myself. Asked the PM manager about it. He had no clue either.
  3. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

You can also make some changes to your time card in the view ASTRA screen on your Powerpad.
  4. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Trying to cut CSA hours, all those timecard errors add up to hours of labor... ;)
    about time.. I hate fat fingering those little buttons.
  5. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

The "e box" is if you're opening an Express box.
    The ground guys have an "Open G box" on their screen.
  6. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Also noticed the Fedex Resi Release selection is gone, have to hit release, then type recipients name or release number now.
  7. LTFedExer

LTFedExer New Member

Management keeps me informed? Not. Maybe the managers really don't know these changes, but only because the programmers don't tell them.

I also noticed that it no longer asks for your zip code and it doesn't automatically log you onto the in-station network either.
  9. DoomDoomDoom

DoomDoomDoom New Member

I noticed the "E box" option as well. The dispatcher sent a msg stating it was a "test option for certain locations" and not to use it.
  10. fedupandpostal

fedupandpostal New Member

This load is absolute crap. It takes too long to open a dropbox with the ppad and it likes to slow way down and freeze
  11. LTFedExer

LTFedExer New Member

I have 8 dropboxes I do everyday. NEVER do I open it with the powerpad.
  12. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

e box, seems to be for boxes equipped with wireless receivers. so you won't have to play pin the tail on the donkey and try to get it lined up correctly(as we all know each box seems to have it's own Magic Spot for opening)
  13. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Whoa, whoa, whoa,
    This is a family site.

What about the new sleep time? Holy was bad enough before, but now it's ridiculous.