New Sticker

brownracer

Here is the real lowdown-- A new DIAD software update will be released in late September. The new barcodes are for the entry of the car and trailer numbers. Nothing more!! With DIAD 3 the DVA entered the car# when the DIAD was inserted. However, with DIAD 4 the DVA was eliminated and the car# was downloaded from DCS, or it had to be manually entered. Many times the DCS download was incorrect or the key entry was wrong. This led to problems on the fuel/oil and mileage reports due to miss-entries. This feature is to go back to the automatic entry of vehicle number for improved accuracy-- nothing more.

Here is the real lowdown-- A new DIAD software update will be released in late September. The new barcodes are for the entry of the car and trailer numbers. Nothing more!! With DIAD 3 the DVA entered the car# when the DIAD was inserted. However, with DIAD 4 the DVA was eliminated and the car# was downloaded from DCS, or it had to be manually entered. Many times the DCS download was incorrect or the key entry was wrong. This led to problems on the fuel/oil and mileage reports due to miss-entries. This feature is to go back to the automatic entry of vehicle number for improved accuracy-- nothing more.

There must be a lot of idiot drivers out there...A lot more than I thought.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
There must be a lot of idiot drivers out there...A lot more than I thought.

There are some idiot drivers out there. We have some that will drive two or three different Package Cars a day and just add up the total mileage for all three and enter it in the First Trip field. It throws the numbers off like crazy and they lose up to two hours credit. What is so hard about looking at the DVIR you are supposed to be signing every time or leaning out the door and looking at the vehicle number on the side? This goes along the same line as why can't these same people put fuel in the tank every time they drive something or clean their garbage out. Sorry, I'm starting to rant........:mad:

upsgrunt

No Scratch, you're not ranting because I feel the same way. It also seems odd that UPS would even think about spending money on a stupid problem like this, but let other, waaaaay more important, problems go unnoticed. Is it because UPS is penny wise and dollar foolish?

upsdude

There are some idiot drivers out there. We have some that will drive two or three different Package Cars a day and just add up the total mileage for all three and enter it in the First Trip field. It throws the numbers off like crazy and they lose up to two hours credit. What is so hard about looking at the DVIR you are supposed to be signing every time or leaning out the door and looking at the vehicle number on the side? This goes along the same line as why can't these same people put fuel in the tank every time they drive something or clean their garbage out. Sorry, I'm starting to rant........:mad:

I agree with you Scratch. I tell the new guys all the time, Call The Center if you’re unsure or have ANY questions! I’m sure most sups would rather field a few phone calls than spend the next morning firefighting.

UPS will hand out warning letters for any little thing but they’ll spend money on something like this. :confused:1