New Surepost Procedures implemented on Monday, 09-14-15?

10 point

Anyone heard how drivers are going to be able to divert proximity, duplicate, and multiple pkg abuses back to our system when found on route?

10 point

The memo was sent to locals Friday. There was nothing in the memo addressing your issues.
The memo addressed surepost violations and changes in the dispatch of those violations?

We have ten grievances on those issues.

That is our issue.

Last edited:
Company has the technology to make this happen. It was a problem here when the last contract was put into effect. Then we started grieving any and all packages over 9 lbs. Within a week they had the weight issue resolved and we were delivering more proximity stops.

10 point

Company has the technology to make this happen. It was a problem here when the last contract was put into effect. Then we started grieving any and all packages over 9 lbs. Within a week they had the weight issue resolved and we were delivering more proximity stops.
Overweight and oversized surepost pkgs are easily caught.
Duplicate, multiple, commercial, and proximity surepost pkgs are easily slid by.
Almost of our grievances are over the last group.

Defining a proximity stop in rural and metro areas would be a great help to the folks that have to police the issues.

They wouldn't be able to handle it all
Yes they would. All they have to do is pick it up and then drop it off at the post office. Pretty easy. I don't know if you've looked in their trucks but thy have a lot of room I them and they grow and want to grow. Couple that with subpar wages and they will most certainly gobble it up. Be careful what you wish for. There's more to the picture than the hat you think.

10 point

My issue is that the language is in Art 26 and if it's not enforceable then take it out of the next CBA or don't put it in there to begin with for us to have to deal with.

10 point

Why do you as just a driver feel that you "have to deal with" it?
"Just a driver".
That says alot. It's our contract. If we're not going to respect and stand up for it no one else will.

Either make it enforceable (from "120 days after ratification") or just leave it out of the CBA altogether.

This volume helps create ft jobs.

10 point

The only person who can enforce this at the center level would be the PDS.
What does that have to do with subcontracting violations involving surepost?
If there's violations pertaining to Art 26 I'm sure it's not due to union activity.

Yes, the company's at fault if there's abuse of the stops and pkgs that are listed in art 26 whether it's the PDS, OMS, center manager, DMs or IE.

Fix the violations or get filed on. Or, the bargaining unit employees can just turn their heads and ignore it.
Pretty clear cut I believe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You really think a PTer working the preload really cares whether they load the packages on to a pkg car or in to a bag? In fact, they probably prefer loading them in to bags-----much easier.