New TEAMCARE deductibles

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
PER person. So it's $800 for my wife and I! Can't wait to have kids...

Are you giving birth as well? Last time I checked, it's just the wife....and that's $400.

If $400 is some unreachable, astronomical number for you, I highly suggest you avoid having children at all.

Thirdly, out of pocket maximum. Research it HERE.

I believe you can still receive 100% coverage on x-rays and diagnostics as long as you go through Quest Diagnostics or US Imaging. If not, then the 80/20 would apply.

Re: Dental and Vision Benefits

The side by side comparison sheet I downloaded from makeupsdeliver.org shows the dental and vision coverage remaining the same except for child/adult orthodontia going from 50% on the old plan to 100% on the new plan.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

The side by side comparison sheet I downloaded from makeupsdeliver.org shows the dental and vision coverage remaining the same except for child/adult orthodontia going from 50% on the old plan to 100% on the new plan.

VISION is REDUCED.

$25.00 ONLY for the eye exam ( you cover the rest )
$30.00 towards frames vs $90.00 currently in our UPS plan
$30.00 towards lenses vs $70.00 currently in our UPS plan

This is a significant reduction when you multiply this X times your family members who wear glasses.

I guess, "DONT GET SICK" and "DONT LOSE YOUR EYESIGHT" applies as well.

Peace

TOS

undies

I can't believe there will be no mental health benefit coverage! I'm not ashamed to admit that I go to see a therapist a few times a month and also see a marriage counselor for my wife and I...this is going to suck!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I can't believe there will be no mental health benefit coverage! I'm not ashamed to admit that I go to see a therapist a few times a month and also see a marriage counselor for my wife and I...this is going to suck!
There are plenty of people who see a therapist at UPS. Stress that causes problems at home is the main cause for a visit, and now thats eliminated. Further, children need to see a therapist from time to time and thats eliminated as well. That will ALL come out of pocket. Peace TOS

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
"I believe you can still receive 100% coverage on x-rays and diagnostics as long as you go through Quest Diagnostics or US Imaging. If not, then the 80/20 would apply."
Quest and US ImagingNetwork

"I can't believe there will be no mental health benefit coverage! I'm not ashamed to admit that I go to see a therapist a few times a month and also see a marriage counselor for my wife and I...this is going to suck!"

That questions was asked at our meeting yesterday and we were told the Value Options (mental health, substance abuse treatments, etc are still in our plan.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"I believe you can still receive 100% coverage on x-rays and diagnostics as long as you go through Quest Diagnostics or US Imaging. If not, then the 80/20 would apply." Quest and US ImagingNetwork "I can't believe there will be no mental health benefit coverage! I'm not ashamed to admit that I go to see a therapist a few times a month and also see a marriage counselor for my wife and I...this is going to suck!" That questions was asked at our meeting yesterday and we were told the Value Options (mental health, substance abuse treatments, etc are still in our plan.
AGAIN... another MISREPRESENTATION of the facts. Peace TOS

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

VISION is REDUCED.

$25.00 ONLY for the eye exam ( you cover the rest )
$30.00 towards frames vs $90.00 currently in our UPS plan
$30.00 towards lenses vs $70.00 currently in our UPS plan

This is a significant reduction when you multiply this X times your family members who wear glasses.

I guess, "DONT GET SICK" and "DONT LOSE YOUR EYESIGHT" applies as well.

Peace

TOS

The vision insurance will likely be a better deal for most. TEAMCARE utilizes EYEMED, which includes places like JCPenney, Macy's, and other large retail chains as its provider. VSP uses independent optometrists. Last year I purchased my glasses from Macy's (no insurance - used it for contacts) and paid less than what I would've, with insurance, through a VSP provider -- independent optometrists are significantly more expensive that what you'd pay at a large chain. Depending on the payout, the move to EYEMED will benefit most of us. The payouts you listed are non-network, BTW.

saintrick

"I believe you can still receive 100% coverage on x-rays and diagnostics as long as you go through Quest Diagnostics or US Imaging. If not, then the 80/20 would apply."
Quest and US ImagingNetwork

"I can't believe there will be no mental health benefit coverage! I'm not ashamed to admit that I go to see a therapist a few times a month and also see a marriage counselor for my wife and I...this is going to suck!"

That questions was asked at our meeting yesterday and we were told the Value Options (mental health, substance abuse treatments, etc are still in our plan.

The UPS part time plan provided behavioral health benefits through the Value Options Network
Substance abuse 100%
Mental health inpatient 100%
Mental health outpatient 100% after $10 copay

The plan also provided Out of Network
Mental healh outpaitent 80% limited to 40 visits a year.

The current C6 plan offers

Psychiatric, Alcoholism, Drug AbuseTreatment – Inpatient​
​
After Plan Deductible, 80%of covered charges to a maximum 21 days per person per calendar year; maximum42 days per person Lifetime. The OutofPocket Expense Limit does not apply.
Psychiatric, Alcoholism, Drug AbuseTreatment – Outpatient​
​
After Plan Deductible, 80%of covered charges to a maximum 30 visits per person per calendar year. The Outof
Pocket Expense Limit does not apply.

upsman666

Exactly. We help this company make billions and I expect NO payments for healthcare. TeamCare is not anywhere close to being as good a plan(s) we have currently. VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Exactly. We help this company make billions and I expect NO payments for healthcare. TeamCare is not anywhere close to being as good a plan(s) we have currently. VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said. I guess StinkB.U.G.407 don't think that we need as good of a health plan that we had under UPS? They think that we are a bunch of whiners (Their words). They think we out west should just vote on an MOU that may or may not happen.
Was told today by a B.A. at work that Hoffa and Hall did the numbers and think that this contract will pass with or without the support of the people who are losing their UPS healthcare plan. I'm voting NO. Just wish I could vote NO Chicago style, 20 or 30 times.

browned out

It was asked at our contract meeting if all the UPS $ paid to the Teamsters for UPS health benefits goes only to support UPS employees. The answer was no. So we are busting our tails, giving back on insurance, so we can support the rest of the teamsters health care.

over9five

Staff member
It was asked at our contract meeting if all the UPS $ paid to the Teamsters for UPS health benefits goes only to support UPS employees. The answer was no. So we are busting our tails, giving back on insurance, so we can support the rest of the teamsters health care.
Share the wealth...

RealPerson

The vision insurance will likely be a better deal for most. TEAMCARE utilizes EYEMED, which includes places like JCPenney, Macy's, and other large retail chains as its provider. VSP uses independent optometrists. Last year I purchased my glasses from Macy's (no insurance - used it for contacts) and paid less than what I would've, with insurance, through a VSP provider -- independent optometrists are significantly more expensive that what you'd pay at a large chain. Depending on the payout, the move to EYEMED will benefit most of us. The payouts you listed are non-network, BTW.

I am kinda lost on what will be changing to or what you are talking about, BUT

I am part time and I have VSP.
I took my daughter to get eye exam and glasses. She picked out some frames that were like $320
I paid $25 TOTAL The Exam, Frames, Lenses were all covered except $25

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

I took my daughter to get eye exam and glasses. She picked out some frames that were like $320

Of course, it's all variable based upon where you're going and what they're charging. But typically when Macy's offers 'get an exam & full pair of glasses with your choice of designer frames for $99,' the same frames - after allowances - typically cost close to $99 by themselves. This is partly because Macy's has access to economies of sale with tens of thousands of consumers (vs. a few hundred at your local optometrist) & also because Macy's is notorious for selling products below-cost in effort to get you into their stores.

Having access to places like Macy's through EYEMED is a plus, not a negative.

Returntosender

VSP also I have 2VSP plans 2nd job offers. MY visit to optometrist exam, glasses,frames,lens is transitions. Optometrist cost me 125. That's double dipping both plans.

I go to a ophthalmologist I pay 100 for the exam ,contacts. No double dipping. The 20/80 plans and 100% plans differ on you physician. Teamcare is filled with unknowns paper qoutes don't mean **** when it time to pay the bill.

PoopDog

management

U gotta b in management!!! Go to the management site and talk that ****!! Once we concede it only gets worse! Thay made record profits off our sweat and backs! How about the ceo givi g up sone of his multi milliin $ bonus not to mention his 13 million $ salary!! I bet he doesnt have a copay! !!!!!